App For Selling Personal Items

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Molly • Jan 29, 2016.

1. Molly

MollyNew Member

Threads:
    What is the best app for selling personal items? I have been trying to sell a brand new pair of shoes all month with no luck!

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    The best luck I've had is local Facebook garage sale sites. I'm also on Poshmark, but so far I haven't sold anything. I've gotten a few offers on items I'm selling, but they are such lowball offers that I wouldn't make even $5 after Poshmark took their share.

3. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    In my country, we have this app called OLX where people can take pictures of stuff they wanna sell and post it online for other people to see. It has a built-in chat where both buyers and sellers can message each other and reach an agreement. There are also ratings that show verified and most trustworthy sellers so buyers can be at least assured that they're dealing with someone legit. It's still the internet though so you can't be 100% sure that you won't be scammed.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been seeing wallapop and letgo.com/en commercials on television. Wallapop.com can be found at Google Play and facebook & letgo app can be found at google play too. Wallapop is an app to find things for sale and sell near by you.

is another site that I've been seeing commercials about. I've not used it nor do I know if they are Better Business Bureau approved or accredited just know the commercial on tv. I check the newspaper for things for sale and find that there are pickers like American Pickers on television History channel on island of Oahu. We were retailers so we had some items direct from the distributor to sell like a Primo shirt that the picker bought. I found that in the Oahu newspaper there is the classified ads is where you can place an ad if your stuff is sold for under $200 it's free and it can't be liquor in any way. The pickers locally very good. I went to pawn stores in the neighborhood and I had no luck selling there like they show on History channel Pawn Stars where I saw a Fabergie Egg walk into their pawn store, and she made a bundle. Be sure to have a partner with you when you sell and expect people like your husband or boyfriend or father with you when the person comes to buy at your home because it's safer. Good luck in selling your items. By the way I know some people who make a living selling on e-bay and they like it.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Poshmark is a great app for selling items. The big plus with Poshmark, for me, is all the help they give you as a seller. I feel like they handle most of the customer issues per se, and as the seller you make sure you deliver on the product and then get paid.