Apple Iphone 5s 16gb

Discussion in Product Reviews started by to7update • Dec 23, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I am considering buying the Apple iPhone 5s 16GB. I know it's not the newest model, but it's the one I can afford right now and I think it's a fairly good phone. Also, in terms of becoming obsolete, I think it will last still some years now?

I'd love to hear your feedback on this. :)

2. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Hi there, Apple is always a good choice. But, I would advise you to look into other brands as well. HTC and Motorola have launched similar phones. If you want to stick to Mac, Apple is definitely a good choice. However, if you are comfortable with Android as well, Motorola and HTC have very good models and at cheaper rates. You can look at Moto G4+ and HTC One as well.

Seeing the amount data that we are using, I don't think 16GB will be enough going ahead. Around 4-5 GB will be used up by the Operating System itself so you will get around 11-12GB to play around with. Consider at least a 32GB storage capability smartphone.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I always fail to really see the differences between the versions that are really close to each other, and I think that it has to do with me never really using the camera, which is always where the upgrades seem to be.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Camera definitely suffers upgrades from version to version, but you are right, from some models to other there is almost no difference. It's not the case from the iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 as on iPhone 6, the screen is way bigger.

I've considered Android @Kaushik Angara@Kaushik Angara, but for professional reasons I need and iPhone right now.

5. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Iphone 5s has a excellent system operational(IOS), but its camera is weak. If you do not consider camera some important. It will be a good bargain

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I don't agree that the camera is weak @Vinicius Souza@Vinicius Souza, I am really happy with my phone overall camera included. The one thing I like the least is the music section that seems to have been made deliberately complicated so that we need to buy things. For example, it's impossible to set a song as ringtone! :mad:

7. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    If you like Iphone's camera, you have just gotten an amazing phone. Really, setting song as ringtone is a limitation of IOS, but you can search apps from third parties which do this or following this: choose a music that's on your HD then right click on it, choose "Get Info", then click the "Options tab". Within the main panel you'll see settings for Start and Stop. A ringtone can only be thirty seconds long, so use these settings to isolate the part of the song you want then click OK. Check it.

8. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    To tell you the truth, it's my first smartphone haha, so the previous one was from stone age, that is why I find the camera good. :)

Yeah, thanks for the input, but I've followed tutorials online, and failed. :( Do you know any of those apps you mention that do this? At the same time, I am not that interested in having an app just to see the ringtone, I am happy with my duck ringtone. :)

9. Andy Haertel

Andy HaertelNew Member

Threads:
    its one of the best in my opinion

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    My aunt has been using her iPhone 5s for almost a year now and she haven't encountered any problems as of yet aside from her contacts not showing. I think it's just a software issue and my cousin is getting it fixed so I think it will be fine soon :) Even though I never owned an iPhone, I believe it's one of those smartphones that has the best camera :D Another thing I like about Apple is the speaker since it's really loud and clear :D

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    You are right about the camera, it's great, and the speaker is great too. ;)

Two things annoy me the most after a little over 1 month using it. I need to be charging it all the time, meaning every 2 days or less, and the way they deal with music is awful, it's made for us to buy stuff, but I refuse. Apart from that, everything 5 stars. ;)

12. Amber123

Amber123New Member

Threads:
    Though as my main phone I use samsung note and 5s is a backup for second sim. But I feel apple iPhone 5s were the best I phones.. now iphones are not the same class. Feel iphone 6 and 7 are good phones but they don't have that special iphone feel to them

13. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I would suggest that 16GB is a recipe for frustration. The main limitation between models is not how they function, it is simple memory. The operating system has got a lot larger so you will have even less free memory than when that model was new. And iOS cannot be parred down, the bloatware is built in. I am not sure iOS alone would run on a 16 Also many of the the most useful apps like ones from your bank, are also larger.

Get an older model, by all means, get the most GB you can for your money. because if you are not planning to use it as a smart phone, you get better value for money buying another brand of dumb-phone for phone use only.