Apple laptops or PC laptops?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by angelicagapit • Mar 12, 2014.

1. Manny

MannyMember

Threads:
    You'll pay more for an Apple laptop, but I think you'd be getting the superior machine. Of course, it all depends on what you plan to use it for. Generally speaking, macbooks are quite low-maintenance and good to go out of the box. I like that about them. I've had mine for four years now and it's still in perfect shape.

2. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    I do think you are probably right about the Mac's Manny, but honestly, I just can't afford to get one right now. I would love to have one! Just because I like trying new things, and it's been years since I used one:)

Denise

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Both would be equally good for media editing, as long as you get a higher end one if you get a Windows laptop. Windows designs have already caught up with Apple's to some degree, and if you are looking for something cheaper, then those are good enough. I think Apple laptops are a lot more durable, though, but even then, they do still break, and with these, you risk having to pay a lot more for parts than on Windows laptops, so you might want to take that into consideration as well. Ultimately, I think it just boils down to your budget and preference, but as for me, I'd personally recommend Apple laptops just because they stay running smooth for longer, in my opinion.

4. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely choose Apple over PC any day. This is because they just have better overall quality and are less likely to get things such as viruses. I know some people argue about the prices of Macbooks but they last for a very long time. You will end up saving money.

5. robin2508

robin2508New Member

Threads:
    I would go for PC laptops, since i am a gamer. If you are into video or music editing, or just daily web surfing and e-mails, apple laptops are great!

6. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    Apple products in general are overrated in my opinion. You can get a PC that has nearly the same specifications of a Mac that will be two thirds the price. The only reason I would ever buy a Mac would be to use specific programs that are only available on Apple computers, such as Logic.

7. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I suggest to use WINDOWS based PC rather than MAC. I have nothing against Apple computers, it's just that I find them complicated. I guess, I used more WINDOWS-based computer than Apple-based computers, that's why I like using it. I like how seamless WINDOWS-based computer is. I also believe that the best for beginners and those who like to learn more about computer, will find WINDOWS-based computer really helpful.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Definitey go for a PC. Why? First of all, the price. The price of one Macbook is enough for you to buy 2 powerful Windows-based laptops. Second, you have a whole wide range of laptops to choose from compared to Macbooks where in models are only limited to a choice of one or two. Third, it's easy to repair and upgrade, you can basically take a screwdriver and do the upgrades yourself. I don't see that much reason to buy a Macbook, most people say "Its for the creative type" which is false, it's for the rich-type.

9. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    If you are person that is looking for performance and not a brand, then you can go for the simple PC laptops. You can get a very good deal at a cheap price rather than spending a lot of money on some Apple product that may not live up to your expectations.

10. secondhandsaint

secondhandsaintNew Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer PC. You can do all the video editing and photoshopping you want on it. The reason I'd suggest PC also is because they are so much easier to fix, and you're not going to void your warranty by opening it up or changing things out.

11. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I've always dream of getting an Apple laptop regardless of how expensive it is but since my old Samsung notebook is still use-able, I will wait until it stops working completely. I have been eyeing the brand for years and always was tempted to just buy one. The prices of Mac laptops are much more expensive here in my country so I'm checking it's prices all over the online stores available including Apple stores of course.

12. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    Apple is just a brand statement. Apart from its sleek design and classy look, it is nothing compared a PC. An Apple product is an overpriced electronic good. With a PC, you have such a wide range of products to choose from. There are so many designs and hardware specifications. There are so many choices in PC that you can find one that is almost tailor-made for you. To put things into perspective, for the amount of money that you pay for a Macbook, you can buy a laptop and a car. Also, the greatest advantage of a laptop is that you can run any software and game on it. With Macbooks, you are limited in your choices. There is so little that you can do with a Mac. Plus the interface of the Mac is terrible. But, if you have a lot of cash, and want that high class (sometimes construed as spoilt) then go for a Macbook. But, if you are just a normal person, then definitely by a normal laptop.

13. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Apple products are just status symbols really; I personally don't like Apple computers at all. Also, they have been made in such a way that if one thing breaks, you have to replace five other unbroken things, which makes repairs cost an insane amount. Also, I don't need to pay for a thousand dollars for a laptop that will only get a couple years of use, thanks. And besides, with a PC laptop, you can just do so much more with it! My Dad and I usually say this about the PC versus Mac debate; "Apples are dummies, PC's are people who know what they're doing."

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If you are looking to save money, you can get a Windows laptop with equal specs for several hundred dollars cheaper than a comparable Mac laptop. If you are fine with spending the same amount of money that you would have spent on an Apple laptop, for a Windows machine - you will get a system with even better specs than the Mac you were considering. A good chunk of what you are paying for when buying an Apple computer is simply their brand recognition. For stuff like video editing, better hardware is more important than an Apple logo on the front of your machine.

Most of the time when I hear people complaining that their Windows laptop was so much slower than their new Mac laptop, it was because they were comparing some bargain model Windows machine with a higher end Mac laptop - which is not a fair comparison at all. There have always been higher end, blazing fast Windows machines available that can serve as workhorses, just as good as if not better than a Mac.

15. SpaceGuy

SpaceGuyNew Member

Threads:
    I think that PC laptops are more conventional because of how many other people use the operating system. I know that you can get programs from Apple laptops but that is another problem you have to worry about. If the area you are in is mainly Apple, then it would be smart to get Apple because you will be compatible with the rest of the people.

16. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I have an Asus laptop and I am very satisfied. It has an NVIDIA GeForce GT635m graphic card, which is very good for gaming and graphic design. If you want to buy a great laptop for an affordable price, then I recommend Asus. The only thing I know about Apple products is that they have the best battery.

17. moorecoby

moorecobyNew Member

Threads:
    if money is not an option for you may i suggest the macbook then. but if you want a pc thats more supported and cheaper then a windows laptop would be the best option.

18. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    Apple is considered the best laptop for anything to do with film editing, photoshop, etc. Plus Apples last forever! they aren't susceptible to viruses and don't suffer form random crashes like PC's do. However, with that being said, PC's are a better option if you plan on downloading different types of software because many of them are not likely to work on Apple products. So figure out what you need the laptop for, and base you decision on that. Hope this helps!

19. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard that about apple computers and was thinking I may try one but have also heard that are more expensive but if they last longer than the average laptop then I guess it's worth it. Although, I have a Toshiba that I got for less than 600 dollars five years ago and it's still doing well. And with 2007 windows vista and Microsoft office loaded onto it.

20. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard that as well that Apples don't get viruses, wonder why that's true? That could be very helpful considering the fact that I've had to do a system restore on my Toshiba like 3 times because of viruses.