Apple laptops or PC laptops?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by angelicagapit • Mar 12, 2014.

1. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    I changed to a Mac four years ago and I won't go back. For what you're doing, an iMac might be your best bet. Unless you want portability, then an Air would be great, and then getting a Thunderbolt Display so you have a better resolution to edit with.

2. thymeless

thymelessNew Member

Threads:
    It solely depends on what you enjoy doing with your laptop. If you want a gaming-only, future-proof and, probably the most important, reliable and cheap platform - compared to Apple - , then go with the PC hands-down. If you want an expensive entertainment-only platform with the help of which you could potentially brag in front of your entourage, then you might as well just go with the Apple, honestly. I don't find any pragmatical use to this platform whatsoever, no offense intented for its users.

3. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I'll second this. I was a PC only guy for a long time, and like thymeless I didn't understand why anyone would spend the money on a Apple. Now, after having developed on a Mac for almost two years, I would say, why buy a cheap PC that will just frustrate you over and over again. Honestly, with Mac, all I do is turn it on and it works. Not minimal problems - No problems.

I happen to have the MacBook Air, which is awesomely portable and powerful. It lasts me about 5 hours before I have to plug it in. Spend the extra cash and get a machine that actually works the way it should.