Appropriate gift for 3rd anniversary?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by tangela • Jul 19, 2014.

1. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone!

My 3rd anniversary with my boyfriend is coming up and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on gifts and/or things to do. We are both recent college graduates so neither of us have a job YET (hopefully that will change before the anniversary comes up).

Anything would be awesome, thank you in advance!

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    There are plenty of ways to celebrate an anniversary on limited funds. The first idea that pops into my head is a picnic! Pack some sandwiches and go to the park. Its a lot of fun! Sometimes when we really want to go see a movie, we will eat at home and then go to the movie so we only have to pay for the tickets. Also, around here if you go to the movie during the day, its a lot cheaper. We also like to rent movies and order a pizza or I will make a homemade one. When all else fails, I just make my husband a delicious homemade meal and he is always very appreciative.

I would suggest checking out Pinterest or different blogs for cheap date ideas. I have found a lot of neat ideas that way. Also, hit up up local deal sites like Groupon...who knows what you might find!

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions!

I have to say, I have never gotten anything through Groupon before out of the fear that it won't work for some reason. But my boyfriend's sister uses it ALL the time and apparently it's the most amazing thing ever.

Thanks again!

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah that would be easy. Do any of you know how to cook? If yes then I suggest that you have a candlelit dinner eating the food that you have cooked. It's cheap and romantic. After all, isn't quality conversation an important part of any date? If you can squeeze in the budget, I suggest that you guys buy each other cheap and practical gifts too.

5. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    You are most welcome. I hope the ideas can be of use to you. I will admit that I do not use Groupon that often but when I do, it has always worked for me. I'm surprised sometimes at the deals they offer for major retailers. I have gotten gift cards to Barnes & Noble or Starbucks valued at $10 or $20 but I only paid half that amount. It feels great to snag deals like that!