Approximately . . . How Much Do You Spend On Clothes In One Year?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Mar 27, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Eavesdropping on a conversation, I heard woman tell her friend that men were so lucky because they didn't have to buy expensive undergarments. She complained that she'd spent over $100 the previous week on bras.

This had me wondering, if bras cost about $100 how much money do ladies spend on clothes in one year? 1,000? More?

And men . . . and I'd like to hear from you too.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend beyond $60 for clothes in a year. I know this sounds cheap but I live in a country where clothes aren't too expensive and there are many local manufacturers capable of mass producing cheap but quality. I spend enough without impairing my savings.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend a great deal either. As I've said before, I alwasy shop at thrift stores so I manage to get clothes for very little. Using the thrift stores enables me to buy a lot of clothes and I'll only ever buy new if it's undergarments or if I need something specific.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have an exact number on the amount of money I spend on clothes each year. I would have to say it's in the 800-1500 range. I like looking good and being confident and that costs money. I u marine the number can be much higher for those that work in executive positions who have to buy high end suits and attire.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    The cost of living here in our country is not that expensive, and there are a lot of shopping stores here in our place that offer discounts, freebies, and they often go on sale, so every year, I only get to spend around $80 for clothes.

6. junemoon

junemoonNew Member

Threads:
    I have gone a whole year without buying any new clothes. Not at a department stores sales rack, nor a thrift shop. I just do not see the need to replenish my wardrobe every year. I just feel like, it is something I do not feel I need to spend my money on. I still dress and look presentable, too.

Any else rejoice, when their wardrobe comes back in style?

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't really count it but I don't spend that much on clothes apart from when I see some expensive shoes or clothes that I like. For regular items I usually just rely on the gifts I get throughout the year and I would just supplement that with a bit of shopping. I honestly prefer spending on other things so I don't spend too much on clothes.