Apps Running in The Background No Matter What

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by troutski • Dec 7, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Certain apps, including the Paypal app, run in the background even when you're not using them. If you restart your device and don't access that app, then it will still run. Flashlight apps and supposed security apps often do the same thing. This drains your smartphone's battery for up to 40% or more compared to other apps when you're not even using the device. Disable those apps or uninstall them and improve your device's battery life right away. Just a simple tip because most people don't know that certain apps continue to run while not in use (as opposed to Android OS processes that need to run at all times).

2. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Good idea. Another thing if you use mobile data is to make sure that you disallow background data (unless you have a lot), or you'll find these programs sucking your data plan dry. The other day I found out someone in my house was using autobackup, which was responsible for 4GB of data usage over the course of maybe 3 days which is no good when you've only got 75GB a month and 4 people using it. Always check your settings.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of apps running in the background which is draining the battery of my phone:
    - Easy touch (an app for shortcuts like iOS devices)
    - Facebook (the cache keeps getting bigger and bigger
    - Clean Master
    - Safe charge (I installed this app because the device sometimes doesn't charge because of an awful software update from Samsung.
    - Battery Doctor (which says that it would prolong battery life)