Apps To Have Several Phone Numbers

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Peninha • Jan 29, 2015.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard that there are apps that allow us to have several phone numbers in the same phone and all that we need to do is to change our profile. Anyone heard of this? Anyone using or would use something like this?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Technically, you have get multiple VoIP numbers, but you can't have more than one (or two with dual-SIM) number attached to a phone from a wireless company. VoIP apps can assign you a special number that works like a real phone number in many ways. That's your only option to accomplish what you're talking about. It won't work for verifying accounts through websites and apps, though.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with troutski. The only sure fire way to do this, assuming your talking about cell network is to have multiple SIM cards on your phone and just have the app swap the numbers. If it's a profile thing, well I guess you can have fake number hiding the original, kind of like a VPN.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    My husband owns his own business and we use Google Voice for multiple phone numbers. All of his business calls come directly to his cell phone even through the different numbers. I also have a Google Voice number. I can get phone calls on my computer and my smartphone through it (it rings like a regular call but shows that it is coming in to my Google voice number). You can download the app and send/receive separate (free) text messages as well. We also have free email (for his business) with this.

I believe you can have a certain number of numbers and email addresses for free, and then if you want to further expand you have to start paying. The price is so reasonable though, it would be silly to go into business today and not try to compete with Google's prices for services.