Apps To Make Money?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by isabbbela • Feb 23, 2015.

1. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I have this app before, I forgot the name of the app but I think it doesn't exist anymore. Basically what you will do is you install the app which gives you an automatic $1 and then all you have to do it watch ads and play games and install apps on your phone. Once you reach the cash out threshold which is $20 I think you can withdraw your cash. Once I reached the threshold I never used it again.

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I tinkered with a few over the last few months but it was taking too much time to monetize. And some of it became a bit of a false economy, given that I had to keep charging my phone and racked up additional costs. I'd say there are better ways of making money.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Cashpirate is an okay app where you get paid for downloading other apps. It's not much though and there might not always be new offers available. I just check the app every two weeks or so and download whatever free apps are on offer (it's about 10 cents per download with a minimum cashout of 2.50)

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are only a handful of websites out there that provide a decent pay rate for the work that you have put in. And even those websites could stand to brush up on their pay rate too, if that makes any sense. Currently, there are only two that I use to make money. Everything else is a complete and utter con, as far as what you get paid for what you put in, or dodgy, as in you will never get paid once you finish the work lol. Graphic designing, and coding are great ways to earn money online.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think they would be asking about apps to make change if they could get an actual job.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Totally with you on that. I've experienced a part of my life where I solely relied on micro jobs and crappy online work for money and it's really not the way to make a living unless you count them as something you just do to take the pressure off actual work, which I currently do. In this day and age you really need to learn some kick ass skill if you want to get going.

7. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    True but isn't it more logical rather than having to spend time fiddling with apps to make mere cents? Of course it's different if you're disabled or something but if you're a perfectly functioning person, well I just don't get it.

8. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried

? It is like Iconzoomer, but instead of working on assignments, you get to post photographs and sell them with their global licensing. I took some online photography class once and looked for apps to help me sell my work. Foap is an option because in addition to selling photos through the app, there are also contests that you can take part in. There are more assignments than Iconzoomer, and they pay you $10 per photo.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have always wanted to know - do you get taxed on the money that you earn online?? I am not sure how it works. I know that over here in the UK, they look at all of the money that you earn in the year, and tax you according to that, so if you have an offline job and do online work on the side, they will look at the combined accumulation of cash that you make and tax you according to that. At least, that is how it is supposed to work. But I know that many people do not report the online work that they do.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Because everyone can just find a job hanging out from the job tree or something? Please.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well I think where you live has something to do with it also how much you're actually earning and what kind of company, I mean online, you're working for. But I think it's up to you to turn those up I for one don't worry that much about it not unless I had to or in accordance to how things work on the employers side.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    You would be surprised at the number of people who are not 'normal' functioning people in our society today. I find that most are not, but some are just better at coping with it or masking it than others, in order to hold down a job, because money is a necessity.

Money is secondary for me. In a way, I don't care? But society says that I have to make money to live, and I'd love to just have one online job that pays enough. I don't have to see anyone or deal with anyone - just do the work so I can feed myself, but it's never that easy or secondary.

13. Goat of Departure

Threads:
    Yes as long as you know where to look and as long as you're willing to do it. I lived alone since I was 13 and ever since I'm fending for myself. I would deliver papers, help out at stores, I even went around our neighborhood to help them clean their yard and sometimes pick up their garbage.

14. Goat of Departure

Threads:
    Well that's how life works I suppose. I mean, you can't really expect someone to just hand you out a job in a silver platter, you have to really dig for it. I did a lot of jobs back then that most people would not even dream of doing before I got where I am today so I guess it's up to the person whether he's up to it or not.

15. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Which pays you $10 per photo;Iconzoomer or Foap? also, just so everyone can be aware, I see on the Foap app that it pays $5 per photo and, it will want you to verify yourself. How do you guys feel about that? I think I will give it a shot. Then come back and give some reviews.

16. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Well, yeah, that doesn't sound right. :D I didn't know how much the photographers get for each photo, but they sell photographs for $10 each via the app. I did some browsing and there are two other photography apps that pay in such manner:

(iOS and Android) photographers get $0.44 per sale + royalties. Brand purchases could pay higher, up to $50;

(iOS and Android) purchases are $10 per photo license, split 50/50 with sellers. You get $5 per photograph.
    I take a lot of time learning about photography, and not enough time doing market research or actual selling. That's the downside. You need to do your other homework.

17. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Too bad that the whole world doesn't live in your town and there are actually differences in economic situations of cities and countries, eh.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't found a job either but I am coming to realize it might be because I have mental disabilities that are holding me back. The system really is flawed though so I know it's not easy for anyone to find a job.

Right, I think it was easier years ago but nowadays a lot of people don't offer opportunities anymore. In some areas you can do errands for people but in my area there's hardly anything and realistically you can't just go up to someone's door even if you were capable. Kids don't even trick or treat around here so I'm pretty sure it would count as soliciting. This is all a moot point for me since like I say I think I have mental obstacles but I do know it isn't just me.

#38Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  19. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you so very much for telling me about those other apps that pay you cash for your pictures @DesignerMum@DesignerMum, I will most certainly use them, and thereafter give my reviews. I'm hoping for the very best, once again, thanks!

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    I know, unfortunately lol. I don't want anyone to just hand me a job, but at the same time finding adequate work should be easier, I think. I mean, I was born into a system where money is necessary for me to live. My basics human needs will not be met if I do not earn money, so you'd think it'd be easier to find a way to sustain that? It comes down to what people want for themselves. I don't care about a career or achieving anything in that regard. I do not have to prove anything to myself, though that is not to say that those who chase success in that way do. I mean these days, people cannot even be sick in peace and recover, without having to worry about work. Work has become the primary thing, and it is not about living life anymore. It's about working, and living actual life is secondary, which I don't think is how it should be. Working to live and living to work, have become blurred.