Arcade Gun Games

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Oct 29, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Anyone here who got to play at the arcades before they all pretty much went extinct? I surely did, and my favorite was always the gun games. My favorite back then was Area 51, and on some occasions although not that often, Lethal Enforcer. When it came to the new generation of arcade gun games, I instantly fell in love with Time Crisis and all the succeeding versions of it. I've heard a lot of people saying House of the Dead was the best, I personally don't get it, probably because I'm not that big of a fan of zombies to begin with. Which arcade gun games were your favorite?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Probably Virtua Cop 2, since that was the one I played the most. House of the Dead was pretty good as well, though. I remember playing Time Crisis a little, but I didn't have a PSX, so I couldn't play it at home. As for arcades, the local, tiny ones never seemed to have any light gun games - I guess they were too expensive for the little amount of profit the arcades were turning here.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did play those arcade gun games before, but too bad I never bothered to know what game it is, I just inserted the token and played. I was more into playing fighting games that time like Tekken, X-Men Vs. Street Fighter and Soul Calibur.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I loved playing Point Blank at the arcades. It was so much fun especially with another player by your side. It had vibrant and colorful graphics and wacky objectives which made it so interesting. House of the Dead was another favorite of mine. It just got a bit repetitive after a while because I kept on starting at the first level every time I went back to the arcade. I also loved Silent Scope. It was a unique take at arcade gun games.
    [​IMG]

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Virtua Cop was great! I even got to play it a while on the Sega Saturn, if my memory serves me correctly. I still prefer Area 51 over it though, but Virtua Cop definitely has its own personality, which is a lot more than I can say about modern shooting games unfortunately.

6. Exsheel

ExsheelNew Member

Threads:
    Oh man, don't even get me started on the gun games that were in Arcades. I'm a HUGE fan of them all, and honestly would pick up a few cabinets myself if I had the funds for them. Time Crisis 1 through 4, Area 51, Silent Scope, Terminator, the Aliens shooter, a few of the Japanese ones I can't pronounce. Oh god, they were all so addicting. And as someone else mentioned, House of the Dead was beyond amazing at the time. So many quarters wasted on that game. Oh, Oh~ There was also the awesome Jurassic Park one that had two different version. The smaller cabinet was like a typical one, but the full cabinet was a jeep interior that had hydralics to move the "car" around, throwing off your aim and making the game very difficult, but fun.

Speaking of that, there was also BeachHead, with that huge Virtual reality headset and the two guns on the side. My goodness, such awesome times.