Are $1 A Month Hosting Services Reliable?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Theo • Oct 31, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been looking into hosting offers and found a couple that offer $1 a month (preweb hosting and no support hosting) but it's hard to find good reviews on them.

has anyone had actual experience they can share? With preweb, they seem to come out high, but since noticing a couple of typos on their site, plus most of the reviews come from India and Romania, I'm not that convinced. No support does fare better, but people say you need to know what to do and there is limited bandwiidth.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In case you are doubtful, don't pursue it for you will regret later. Why settle for less when there are affordable web hosting payment? I have been in blogging for 5 years and I was using GoDaddy. I can afford its yearly subscription. Sometimes it gives me a discount when I renew my subscription earlier.

3. fuzyon

fuzyonNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on how much traffic your site generates, in general a $1/month hosting plan will not be able to keep up with the users if they're many but if your site barely gets visited then you'll have no problem. In general I think it's a good idea to start off with $1/month and if you notice the host can't keep up then you can upgrade.
    Make sure you don't get stuck in a long contract. Read what you're signing properly.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The hosting needed depends on what applications you will be running. If your running a website with only a few pages, then sure, you can get by on 1 dollar hosting. However, advanced applications, like WordPress or forum software, might need more power. Note, it seems like everyone is using WordPress nowadays, so you have to take that fact into consideration.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like the company ethics, and I have used them in the past and they were a nightmare. Of course I want quality, but cost is always a factor on a blog where it is not monetized. It's just not that kind of site, and I don't want ads on it either. That's why I want to keep the cost to a minimum if I can.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    The first web hosting I have had was a shared hosting from name cheap. It cost me about $10 per year, which was less than $1 per month. I never have had any problem with namecheap hosting. Based on my experience, I can say $1 a month hosting service is reliable,however, you have to choose a good hosting company.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm actually planning in getting a web hosting as well and I have my eyes set on BlueHost since they also offered great deals and discounts. Now that you have mentioned this less than $1 per month, I wonder if I can also try it or might as well check it out and see if it suits my needs. May I know your experiences about it? What is the benefits or advantages that you get and the bad as well? Thanks! :)

8. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    In my experience, these types of hosting services are not the most reliable, nor the best to work with. Simply put, you always get what you pay for. It is worth it to pay a bit more upfront, especially in the long haul scheme of things. You will be thankful that you did.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    There is probably some room for getting what you pay for, and I am not sure about this one. I would say that if nothing else you should at least watch out for some scams out there.