Are all sports beneficial?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by daimashin • Mar 7, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    People always say that we should play sports because it's healthy to us. That got me thinking, do you think that all sports are beneficial to the human body. From what I understand, being too active at sports will cause problems when we get old because of how we overworked our body during the younger days.

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Not really that you overworked your body in your younger days. I think participating in sports makes your body active and it is also a form of exercising. Every exercise has a limit and you will know this from your body. The moment you feel that you have had enough you simply just stop with the sport.

3. victor

victorNew Member

Threads:
    Engaging in sport makes you active and even when you get old it makes you strong and very active.

4. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I would say all sports are beneficial. Some, of course, are going to be more beneficial than others. Each sport also comes with its own set of hazards. Running is good for the heart and lungs, but can damage the knees if it is excessive. Weight training is good for strength, but can result in rips and tears if overdone or improperly done. It is about doing the right amount of exercise without overdoing it and getting some variety.

I would suggest that avoiding exercise is far more dangerous than participating in it.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    IMO, sports are overrated. Not everyone is well co-ordinated enough to play sports well. And what if you have a disability of some sort? For those reasons therefore, I wouldn't say, sports are that beneficial if you have alternative means of exercising.

6. Ionel

IonelNew Member

Threads:
    It depends. Some people may say that fighting isn't that beneficial, since you can break your nose or end up with bruises. Usually, practicing a sport is very healthy, unless you have a special condition.

7. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I believe sports are very beneficial. They help to ensure you get the physical activity your body needs to stay healthy and strong. It also brings in a team aspect. Most sports you play with with a team therefore you have to use social skills and learn to get along, work together and problem solve. It's also good to be able to learn how to be a good sport since everyone can't win all the time. Sports give someone a hobby and something to belong to. I am very glad my children each a sports they enjoy playing. It keeps them from sitting in front of a television all day. I enjoy plaing sports as well, so then we can make it a family affair when we all go swimming together, play a game of baseball or hockey, etc. Sports are beneficial for many reasons.

8. mrjohny

mrjohnyNew Member

Threads:
    Most sports are benefical, you only overwork your body if you are not constant. If you dont do workout or practice and you go and play a 90 minutes soccer match, surely you will overwork your body.
    Sports like box or martial arts are not totally healthy, the workout of a boxer is very healthy, the fight is a danger, you can do good workout like a boxer, but don't fight.

9. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    It's really simple: Too much of anything is bad. Drink too much water and you will die, that is a fact. Does it mean that water is bad for you? Certainly not.
    Any kind of physical activity is good, as long as you don't overdo it. Of course injuries can happen, but most of them will heal with time and if you do your exercises properly then the risk of injury goes down a lot.

10. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I think all sports are beneficial. It gets you more active and you are able to have enough exercise, which is important when trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Exercise can be done in any way, but sports are sped up exercises.

Sports are for people who love to play games, and the fact that it's also a form of exercise is a bonus.

However, too much exercise can cause harm to your muscles because you overuse them during a short period of time. I don't recommend exercising too long, and I suggest that you exercise before meals.

11. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It's a matter of knowing your own body's limitations. Physical activity is never a bad thing. But if you're just starting exercising, maybe running 5 miles right away isn't the best idea for your fitness level. Or knowing that if you have knee problems in the past, that playing full-court basketball is probably not the best way to get your cardio in.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think every sport is beneficial as long as it's done correctly, not overdone and you don't push it too much. As long as you are moving, working your muscles and your body, it's good for both your body and your mind.