Are all toys safe for kids?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Denis Hard • Jun 26, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't mind the age of the child. All toys should be safe for kids to play with but not all of them are. I read about it on another thread [here] about a battery-powered toy that would short-circuit. So since you can't trust what you hear from people who make toys when a child's safety depends on it, how should someone ensure that the toys they are buying for a child is safe?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I mostly stay safe by only buying branded toys because even though they might slip and make mistakes every now and then, they still at least have sufficient enough quality checks in place to have a higher probability of safety than lesser or cheap knock off brands. I've also been a bit more paranoid with the generic China made toys ever since news started popping up that they contained some harmful chemicals, so I mostly just stick with the branded ones as much as possible, but it can get a bit expensive. I think it's okay to spend a little bit more, though, since it's hardly that much if you consider that you are keeping the children in your family safe.