are biscuits suitable for Dogs/Cats

Discussion in Pets started by Hedonologist • Jan 13, 2014.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I know specific nutrients may be tailored in dog biscuits and cat biscuits. But would it be harmful to give dog biscuits to cats or cat biscuits for dogs? I've noticed my dogs has eaten some of the biscuits my neighbor has left out for the cat, although there are no ill effects that I've noticed so far.

2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    My dog has eaten cat treats a couple of times, he's fine. It's not something I would intentionally give to him and I'm sure it's not great for them, but I don't think you need to see a vet or anything like that.

3. jtucci21

jtucci21Member

Threads:
    My sister is a dog trainer and feeds the same super high protein dog food to her cats. She told me that cats need more protein to stay healthy, so maybe check the back of your biscuits and see what the ingredients are. Some treats even have a percentage breakdown that includes Crude Protein

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just got a dog, and the veterinarian that sold him to me told me the best thing is to give dogs either fruits and vegetables in little pieces as treats, or even whole grain crackers for humans.She says aside from being cheaper, dog biscuits and cookies tend to have a bunch of useless ingredients and chemicals, essences and pigments that are not that good for dogs. I actually agree with her, because dog treats smell so strong to make them taste and smell good for dogs, they must have bad stuff in there!