Are box-sets the new movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by irishways • May 22, 2014.

1. irishways

irishwaysNew Member

Threads:
    We've been so spoiled lately with some serious acting coming out of box-sets. I have to confess, films just aren't doing it for me lately, there just not long enough to really get into the characters. With actors turning to longer projects, like with Kevin Spacey in "house of Cards", do you think movies will become less popular?

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I so know what you mean. I can't afford the boxed sets, but I was having this discussion with other people on other groups. As to the question, I hope not. It gives those of us like me that don't go to clubs, a chance to get out. Seeing a movie on the big screen, the EVENT of it, the atmosphere of it, is so much fun that I hope it doesn't completely die out. I do miss the movie stores. The convenience of popping in a movie, or using streaming is so everyday. There was not exactly magical, or special exactly, but NICE in going to a store and picking out a movie. And it was something done with the kids. My grown daughter says she misses that. I don't blame her, I do too.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm the complete opposite, I don't like going for box sets. I'd rather wait for one episode a week than watch the whole thing all at once. It's too time consuming, I might get overexposed and end up not finish watching the set which is a waste of money. I still prefer movies, they are usually around 2 hours and the story is almost always wrapped up in one movie.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think that they are going to be less popular, because there are always going to be other generation who's going to patronize the movies the past generation has gone past. Besides movie industry is just getting better and better.