Are computer games expensive?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Gelsemium • Mar 12, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Console gaming can be expensive. I use a PC for my gaming needs, I never spent more than $60 for a game. Most of the games I find are for sale. But the trick here is to buy games that are either used, or old. Buying games brand new off the shelf can cost you $50-$60, while buying games that are used or games that are old can cut you half the cost. But if you're really clever enough you can find a lot of ways to acquire games for free, sailing the seven seas is sometimes the best way to get something if you're broke.

2. bobthemuffinman

bobthemuffinmanNew Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the publisher. Activision games stay at their high price and almost never go on sale. While Square Enix games can drop from 60 to 10 dollars in the first 3 months.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Exactly, that's really clever from the computer makers to be honest, it's better to make a little money than none and from the consumer point of view, great lol, games are super cheap! I don't know how people can afford console games to be honest, they are really expensive.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't believe using torrent either. but I do try to find sites that offers free games . I let my son use game-fly it lets you play games by download or by having them shipped. I usually wait on console games to go on sale. or I would order them on ebay for cheap prices.

5. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I completely disagree. Computer gaming is the cheapest form of gaming there is. Definitely cheaper than console gaming. Most computer games sell from $5-20. Console games are $60. It is obvious which platform is cheaper.

6. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not only the games are cheaper, but also consoles are always changing and there are always new games for the newest version of the consoles, it's crazy, it's a real goldmine for the manufacturers.