Are Designer Labels Important To You?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by May102014 • Jul 24, 2014.

1. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I never cared about having designer clothing. I guess I just wasn't brought up in a household where that was even an issue. I just like to wear clothes that are pretty and fit nicely. The brand doesn't matter really. Plus who actually sees the tag anyway... probably just the person wearing it. I guess if you want to impress yourself then go with designer. ;)

Ha,ha :)
    Danyel :)

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    For me, no. When I buy clothes, I pay more attention to the material used, price, and comfort. Most of the time, I don't find designer labels comfortable. Actually, I do not understand why some people like wearing them because the materials are too hot or itchy.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Designer brands do matter, but I will bypass a designer brand and buy something that's not a designer brand if the quality of the thing is good. One of the things I will never buy is designer perfume, reason being, the chemicals they use to make them is no different from the ones they use to make other good smelling cologne, additionally, the fragrance only lasts a short while, so for me it's a waste of money.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Designers labels are indeed important to me. I like to be fashionable. In addition, I find that a lot of designer labels just make better, cooler looking products. I'm willing to pay a bit more to have a well known label that I am a cheaper, lesser known product.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Not even a little bit- I've never been one to care about designer or brand labels. I find that too often you're just paying for the name and it's not even necessarily the best quality, or at the very least, you could get comparable quality and spend a lot less to do it. I mainly focus on the material used, how durable it seems, and the overall style...there are some brands that I get frequently, just by virtue of doing a lot of my shopping from the same places most of the time, but I don't get them because of their brand affiliation.