Are Harry Potter Books better than the movies?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by mansawalta • May 16, 2013.

1. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    I recently watched all the Harry potter movies for the first time from start to finish and was completely glued to my screen.....i have been contemplating reading the books. Would it be worth it?

2. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, the books are amazing, too. I have read all the books and seen all the films I would say, personally speaking, that the only books that are stand-out better than the films are the Deathly Hallows 1 and 2. The films didn't really do it for me, and seemed to be a bit 'rambling'. I wonder whether one film would have been better than splitting it into two. I kind of lost interest a bit in the films, which I was upset about, because I was so looking forward to seeing them.

3. Mishkin

MishkinNew Member

Threads:
    Books are allways better than movies, in this case too.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, the Harry Potter books are waaaaay better than the movie counterparts. I would highly suggest that you read the books. You will find a lot of things that were not included in the movies. You would get an in depth look at the characters and the world of Hogwarts. I read all the books and it was awesome. The movies are just like fan service to me.

5. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    I will rate both the movie and the book equally because we can see that the author has taken so much passion for writing the books. The words which he have used will apt and same in case of the movie wow!! only that can be said to the cinematography and graphics used. It was a visual treat both the book and the movie.