Are mechanical keyboards worth it?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by orz • Nov 2, 2013.

?

Mechanical keyboards worth the $$$?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sitting here typing this with my old HP keyboard which is ancient to say the least, has anyone here tried a mechanical keyboard (any switch)? And is so was it worth it? I can't justify spending $100 on a keyboard especially when my current one is working fine but I've heard so many good things about them.

2. Exsheel

ExsheelNew Member

Threads:
    Bumping a bit of an older thread, but since no one has answered yet I thought I'd throw in my two cents. Mechanical Keyboards are entirely up to the user's discretion. I purchased the RaZr Black Widow (Or however it's spelled) and was not impressed. Depending on what the acoustics are like in your household, the constant clicking can and will get VERY annoying either to yourself, or anyone else in the house. (If you don't get a really high end one that doesn't click) Some people prefer them because they need either an audible click, or need that full down motion to verify that they indeed press a certain button. Some use them because they constantly slide their fingers over the wrong keys and end up pressing a mixture of words that just look like a jumbled mess. However, if you're someone who's very skilled in the home row of a keyboard, then you don't need one by any means. As I said in another thread, I'm a huge PC gamer. A lot of PC gamers will probably tell you it's CRUCIAL to get a mechanical keyboard if you're into that sort of thing, yet I've been using the same $5 HP Keyboard for the past 4 years now. Before that, it was another typical keyboard that came with my original purchase of the computer.

Best Bet, buy a mechanical Keyboard from Best Buy or Wal-Mart or something along those lines and test it out for a week. If you can't get used to the keys or the constant clicking sound, return it. I gave mine a week or so and just wasn't for me.