Are printers still crazy expensive?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Strykstar • Oct 21, 2014.

1. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    There are still some really expensive ones, but you can find many brands that come into a reasonable price. My only problem is the ink catridge price, not the printer itself.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it all depends on what you're buying. If you want to go for an all singing, all dancing printer; of course it's going to be very pricey. The same goes for laser printers. Those are so expensive, it's unreal. -and then you have the toner to consider, which is VERY expensive! But overall, printers can now be reasonably priced.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The refillable ink cartridge makes the printer cheaper. In the office, we have some printers with refillable ink and the cost is much lesser because a new ink cartridge is not that cheap. However, the refillable is sometimes messy and the quality is not that accurate when it comes to resolution. But for home use, I would suggest the refillable.

4. Blake Carl

Blake CarlNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you all for this thread and your reviews. I was in search of these reviews.

5. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    I do not think printers are that costly. They are cost effective currently, specially the ink, in comparison with previous to. Color printer may be expensive however laser printer come to be very reasonable in case you are printing simply just non colored documents.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband recently got a very nice laser Samsung printer, which was pricey but nowhere near what we'd expected. The ink and toner were VERY pricey. Luckily the printer came with some, and it really lasted before we had to top it up. Plus we haggled and the store manager threw in some free ink and toner :)

7. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I agree with everyone in this thread that says that ink is really expensive. I basically have my printer disconnected just because I don't feel like it's worth it to put new ink in it. When I want to print something I do it in my college's printer.

8. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As this is exactly what I've just had to do - as it was actually cheaper to replace the printer - I'm more inclined to think that unlike most things where prices generally rise - printers are one of those rare items where prices have actually come down over the past few years - especially as - even if I hadn't got an extremely good deal on mine at way under half price - it would at full price - still have been a fraction of what was originally paid for the 10 year old printer its going to be replacing.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think most are fairly moderately priced, you can find a decent one under 50 dolllars on Amazon. I just went through a major printer issue...but I don't want to get into it...suffice it to say...it was resolved!!! The printer we bought was able to be returned.