Are Running Shoes More Resistant?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by isabbbela • Mar 30, 2016.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought 2 running type running shoes on the last couple times I got tennis shoes. I wear the same ones pretty much any day I go to the gym, so I get a lot of use out of them.
    I do like running occasionally, but the main reason I got running shoes is that they are more comfortable and also seem more resistant to me - because as running requires a lot of ground friction and impact I would think they are more resistant and last longer than your regular tennis shoes. Is that true?

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    The differences between running and tennis shoes are:
    Tennis Shoes
    Heavier but slimmer in order to enhance agility
    Very thin and slim soles with very little padding
    Extremely pliable and flexible to give greater agility
    Thinner and harder heels to promote stability because of the different range of motions that the tennis player has to go through
    Running Shoes
    Lighter than tennis shoes
    Designed for forward movement, hence, higher side padding to protect the ankles
    Greater sole support in order to absorb pressure and impact of running
    Thicker and softer heels in order to enhance traction and shock absorption
    Hope this information will be useful to you in deciding which is more appropriate.

3. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    Well, for running it is highly recommended to use running shoes because of the materials used on every pair, also they come up with technology systems and stuff like that, they are also way more flexible and lighter, you will be basically flying whilst wearing those, you will maybe not feel the differences between either tennis shoes or running shoes but there really is a big difference.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Certainly. ;)

These types of shoes are designed just to be sturdier than the others. Resisting major frictions and promoting greater comfort for the feet are their functions (not surprisingly they tend to be quite expensive compared to "normal" shoes, right? :p)

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I think they may only last longer because of the way they are shaped. They tend to last longer even if their quality is the same as a normal shoe. Running shoes are a bit curved and therefore, don't rub against the ground too much when turning or running, unlike the flat normal shoes. It doesn't always necessarily mean that the running shoes are created with better material, though.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had on occasion met and talked with one veteran runner. He said that shoes are very important in running. In fact, it is the most important element as if you should not run without the running shoes for you might harm your feet. Running shoes are designed for running so you can be assured of the comfort for your feet. And with the durability, I’m sure the running shoes is comparatively lasting than tennis shoes or sneakers.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I guess they are made specifically for running, while tennis shoes are also made for the purpose of playing tennis, so I guess both kinds of shoes are durable in their own way, since they were made to cater a specific sport or activity. And these specific types of shoes are also more expensive than regular shoes, so I guess they are indeed more durable than regular shoes.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have stopped running now but when I was in regular sports practice running was part of my training and I know that you need certain special qualities in running shoes. For instance, your running shoes should have perfect cushioning besides the required flexibility in certain parts of them or you stand the chances of getting sports injuries to your toes and paws.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    The running shoe is not as good for side-to-side movement like tennis shoes are, and running shoes are more of a heel-to-toe running- with running its more of a forward type of direction overall. Also running shoes tend to be a lot lighter and tennis shoes are more durable and have more support overall I would say.

#9Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well the fact that they were built for exercising, they are pretty durable since otherwise they'll tear quite easily if that was not the case.