Are short movies the fad of the future?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by andrew320 • Aug 28, 2012.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was going to say that it's outrageous until I remembered that I purchased a short movie DVD for $10. It's an Internet short movies with three acts lasting 15 minutes each. I don't regret it. It was well worth it. I enjoy it more each time I watch it.

Indie movies are were the action and creativity is. I don't watch many Hollywood movies because I'm more entertained by some cable television shows. Hollywood has become stale with old movie remakes, turning tv shows into movies and sequels well past their expiration date. I will pay to be entertained for 30 to 45 minutes over being bored with predictability for 90 minutes. Not all Hollywood movies are stale. Every once in awhile, something different will get released, but they are few and far between.

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's most likely how that would go; anthology movies. There have already been plenty of those released, many of them to critical acclaim, so I don't see a problem with this, honestly.

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Short films have generally be used as filler on television when a program completed several minutes before the hour or half hour. There is a big market for shorts and there are entire festivals of shorts. They are a good way for filmmakers to show what they can do in less time and for less money than it takes to make a feature film. That said, there's not a lot of story that can be told in a short film. It's enough just trying to fit everything important into a regular one.

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Well short films are more viable for people to create. But usually it is just until they have the funding to do a feature or just something to build a resume and make a name for yourself.