Are Smart Tvs Ok?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Jasmine2015 • Jan 9, 2016.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They very well could be spoil for choice. They have about three nintendo wii consoles between them, and they are always arguing about that too. Who gets to play what games, and for how long. It is not as disastrous as it sounds, but it can definitely get annoying. They have a lot of choice, which I think is good. But there is definitely such a thing as too much choice.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep.. it's fact that these things are used to look in on us. Not everyone, not all the time, but it's not uncommon at all. I don't have them on this computer.. not necessary and I've gotten paranoid about them at this point lol.

3. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly, there is no point in getting some high def smart tv considering that you won't be spending much time watching tv anyways.

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    Smartphones, smart televisions, and computers are spying on us. Now they are introducing smart watches, which are most likely going to be doing the exact same thing. I have a webcam on my laptop because that is how I earn money online. Oh crap, now you think I take my clothes off for men online, don't you? Lol. I don't. Promise.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    YES YOU DO!! Gotcha.. you man teaser, you. You dirty! lmao.
    The only reason I don't have one on this computer is because I didn't realize it didn't have one when I bought it lol. Not that I wanted one, I just didn't think about it. On my last computer, I kept it covered until I needed it. Which was exactly once in the whole 4 years I had it lol.
    Really tired with how invasive products are becoming. Products! They're turning the inanimate against us now too lol.. and soon enough, we won't be able to buy the non-intrusive products because they'll be completely obsolete. It's exhausting.
    Dreek, start a non-intrusive products business with me. We'll be filthy rich!! You can be spendy, I can roll around in all the lettuce I want.. we'll be livin' large lol.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    Hahahaha!! I'd totally give women free webcam shows and show them just how dirty I can be ;) But the men would have to pay, because what a chore that would be lol. I do usability testing, and my webcam is necessary. But even saying that, I am certain that they spy on us through our webcams and mics. Don't get me started on app permissions. They more or less tell you they are going to spy on you and you accept it in exchange for using the app for free. Madness. There have been times when I cover my webcam because I am sensing that I am being watched. I always like to follow my intuition. I love how you covered your webcam too lmao!! Some people think to cover it, but then think they need to stop being paranoid and do not follow through. But I love that you went through with covering it ;)

They use these objects as a tool to get a feel for where we are on our journey to becoming more conscious. I shit you not - that is the reason for the spying, as they have gone through a lot of trouble to keep so much secret from us.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yup! I even have a smiley sticker in place where a camera would have been on this one! lmao! I'm just so used to covering them at this point and I don't know.. maybe they lied about not installing one haha. It gets tricky with the camera on my phone.. when paranoia hits, you have to cover both sides, since they can see you from both now lol. And those app "let us spy on you in return for our awesome game" agreements get me every time. I'm all "awesome app!" and then they're all "hey, first we'll need access to your entire life and the ability to watch you shower if need be". So now we need to add TRULY free apps to our non-intrusive products business. Man oh man, I can smell the lettuce now!

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own one and I like it, it's great for watching Netflix and YouTube directly on tv, but I only got it because it was only a bit more expensive than a regular tv. I wouldn't have gotten it if it was way more expensive than a regular tv. For Netflix, YouTube and such you could simply plug your computer in with a hdmi cable and watch from the tv the same way, moving things on your computer which is easier than doing so with the tv remote.

9. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    That's exactly what I do right now too. I actually use Kodi (which was earlier known as XBMC). It's a complete entertainment center for the PC, and you can do a lot with it. I watch all of my content via Kodi nowadays. Really convenient and free.