Are Stores In Your Area Charging For A Paper Bag When You Checkout?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Kathryn M. • Sep 14, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Corzhens@Corzhens, You probably purchase a lot of expensive items. My dad said he only would get 1 point for every P200 in the supermarket. But you got 4 points for 4 eco bags. So maybe after all these years they decided to increase the value of their points. Since what year did you decide to be an Advantage card holder?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use my SM Advantage in the grocery where I normally purchase worth 10,000 pesos every week - I buy things for our house and also for my mother who is wheelchair bound so that includes the snack foods of her 2 caregivers. We normally use 2 carts when we go to the SM supermarket. I had that SM Advantage card since it started. You see, I work in BDO and SM is our sister company so we would be the first to know of promos and discounts such as SM Advantage card.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Corzhens@Corzhens, No wonder you were able to accumulate many points, you spend P10,000 per week. We are only small time shoppers, lol. No wonder my dad did not renew his card, he told me by the end of the year he just accumulated P100 from his points, so that is such a low amount for us to continue using it.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in Southern California. We have had this law in effect for quite awhile now. There is a 10 cent charge for each paper bag used. Plastic bags are banned from most stores. You also get a 5 cent credit for each recyclable bag you bring into the grocery store.

There were a few initiatives that want to overturn this law, but I'm not sure if they garnered enough signatures to get on the ballot. I didn't sign them. Most of the time, I have my own bag. I am not bothered by the 10 cent charge whenever I forgot to bring my own bags.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From 5th October this year, there will be a 5p charge for carrier bags in the UK. I got into the habit of using eco bags a while ago now and always keep 2 or 3 in my handbag as they fold up really small. My only problem is that I used to use the carrier bags that I did get as bin liners. Now, I'll have to start buying them. : )