Are Target and Walmart selling more groceries?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Mayvin • Jul 5, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    A few years back there use to be specific stores for "Super Walmart" and "SuperTarget" especially for Walmart I've noticed, where one sold groceries and the other did not. The one selling groceries probably when the store first came out seemed so unique now I've gotten so use to being able to buy groceries and clothes in the same store that it seems normal. The other day I was trying to find a Walmart in a new area and online it didn't say it sold groceries which I wanted to buy there but went in anyway and found that they WERE selling groceries. I discovered that at two different Walmarts and at one Target. That made me wonder if "regular" Walmarts and Targets will be or ARE a thing of the past where they don't sell groceries? Have others found that both these stores are selling groceries now even though the sign outside makes it seem like it doesn't?

2. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    And now the 99 Cent Store is starting to sell more fresh produce. They always sold a lot of canned and packaged foods, but now they're beginning to get more and more like a grocery store. I think if the competitors are selling groceries, then you had better start doing it too. Because your customers can easily go elsewhere, since there always seems to be a new Walmart or Target popping up somewhere.

3. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Target sells some really good food, ours is going to start selling meat and produce also very soon. The Target brand Market Pantry is really good and even has some organic non gmo stuff. It is good to see it here, all in competition with super Walmart. Walmart has some of it's own unique food items, frozen foods that are unlike either the grocery store or Target. I am glad to see both of them coming around with more health awareness also.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The items Target sells in their grocery section are some times the only place I can find them. I like a brand of tea that use to be in all the stores and now I can only find it at Target.

The items Walmart sells are the basic items we all need and do not think about picking them up when we see them at a good price. I like being able to get all the items I need from one store, it saves gas and time. Some Walmart's have a larger section than others. The one's in my area are small even though we are in a large city.