Are the offers given by online sites genuine?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by margarito • Mar 14, 2014.

1. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    This is the question which eats up my mind whenever I sit for online shopping. I guess this is the most common question to everyone and I hope I get the best answer for this. I see many dresses which are dazzling and are mostly satisfied to our eyes in the online sites. Keeping aside its quality and the material used they are marked with such a high price and are offered for discounts. I find the price after discount too is too high to afford that dress. I really wonder about this whether they really give a discount or just use their business strategies by increasing the price to the maximum and then showing a minimum amount of discount on them, still maintaining their profits. So, I really wanted to know whether all of these online sites are genuine in this context.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on how you look at it. Most consumers want to hear that they're getting a great deal for a product they're buying. If that's all that will convince them to buy something then why not create that feeling by offering a phony discount? Nonetheless not all stores stoop that low. Some discounts/offers you'll see might be real but most aren't.

p.s shopping online for clothing is risky and should be avoided at all costs.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Eh, I don't really shop online because I hate not being to physically touch the thing I am buying. You just never know what quality or shape an item of clothing might actually have until you try it on or at least see it in person. I feel like, for the most part, online sites are "genuine," but that doesn't mean the stuff they sell is any good.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never bought a piece of clothing online, but I've bought tickets to shows, books and a lot of other stuff. Some offer are genuine, other are not, we just have to check if the site is reliable or not you know?

My wife does buy loads of clothing by catalog, so far with no problems. Great promotions too.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't shop online for clothes unless you are 100% certain of your size and are not too lazy to send things back if they don't fit properly.

There are many shops online that will lure you in with a great offer and then hit you with an increased shipping and handling fee, there are other methods, don't let it get you down, keep searching, you will most probably find the same dress at a genuine cheaper price.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think they're genuine, but of course you have to remember that they must have profit from what they're selling, so they usually price the item 1st at the highest price possible, then when nobody is still buying it, then they begin to reduce the price.

7. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    The sources that are trustworthy which are fine enough at uses and at the same time when you actually know that you have used this thing earlier and that have an appropriate outcome that it feels great because finally its about what works most of the times.

8. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    It only takes a few orders from China or alike to realize that what you see in the picture often isn't what you're getting when it arrives at your door. The picture you see looks like it actually has some value, but once you get your hands on it's often thin, see through, really fragile, and just poorly made in general.

People are starting to catch on to these practices so one of the new things to do is to say have a seller list themselves as from North America on eBay. They will charge $xx.xx for the item and once you buy it, they fill in an order for their Chinese warehouse to ship it to you. That in mind, you'll often see people mark up dollar store items for sale. The one I saw the other day was a basic security system that will ring when your door opens. At the dollar store up here that device sells for $3, but on eBay I've seen the exact same device selling for as high as $22.