Are there any Health Risks Associated with Cheap Mobile Phones?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Jatelo2 • Aug 2, 2012.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I recently bought a considerably cheap china phone. It has almost all the features a smartphone can have, but the price is suspicious. My question therefore is whether there are health risks associated with these cheap phone?

2. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    The suspicious price is likely just tied to the phone's build quality and therefore lesser quality/reliability/lifetime of the phone. As far as health risks go, it has been well documented that cell phone radiation has insignificant health effects on its users, but before I say anything definite, it's really impossible to tell what sort of materials or processes these Chinese manufactures use to cut costs in their products.

3. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    The health risks would be the same as the same amount of radiation or whatever emissions come from any cellphone. The major problem with buying cheap electronics is that they will almost always break or stop working far sooner than a better quality item would. In the end, you aren't saving any money when you have to replace the item over and over.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Since cell phone usage is still in its beginning stages, we cannot say for sure whether it is good for you or bad...not conclusively yet. However, I know that the World Health Organization has actually published papers warning people to use it carefully until they know for sure. However, the cheaper the phone...I doubt it would be much unhealthier, just probably manufactured in questionable conditions (well, even the more expensive ones are)...

Just use it when necessary, and I reckon you should be fine. (-:

5. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    The only health risk that I can relate to cellphone usage is radiation. It exists in ever phone no matter how much you pay for it. I would suggest that you worry more about the quality, features and interior of the phone that you are buying. When I look for phones, while hunting for the lowest price possible, don't be fooled by those who price the phones way below the market value.