Are There Earphones That Prevents Noise?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by mildredtabitha • Jan 19, 2018.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I mean something I can stuff in my ears to prevent noise. I have never heard any type of device, earphones or headphones I can wear on my ears to prevent noise.

My home is noisy. I always have headache and can't sleep because of too much noise. I have tried talking about it my family members but they only listen then forget. My brother plays loud music, my parents talk all the time and my father has deep loud voice. TV stays on for hours at night and our home is small for privacy.

I want to invest on a good device I can always wear on my ears when I go to sleep so I can really have some peace of mind. Any recommendations?

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think there are some of the skull-candy and Panasonic ones that you can check. Some of them are good but they can be really hard to your ears. I have once used the Sony model. And it was good in terms of the noise cancellation but it was over the ear. And that makes it a bit less of earphone. So I'd say there are not much in the market and some of them are not even perfect on cancellation of the noise.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Headphones could also serve to prevent or reduce the noise in coming to the ear when those headphones are not attached to any music gadget. But actually, there is an ear plug which is a device that is inserted in the ear canal to protect the user's ears from loud noises or the intrusion of water, foreign bodies, dust or excessive wind. It is a pair of that device and it is very small or handy unlike the headphones which are too bulky.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    They do make headphones today that protect your ears and also you can stream music from your phone with the Bluetooth technology as well. Also a lot of these devices have high-fidelity speakers in them for a quallity sound, when you listen to your music. These headphones are made for working in noisey environments, so you could wear these around your house or work-and maybe they would put you in a more peaceful state as well, when you are around your family.

5. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you're going through, I'm a light sleeper as well. There are headphones and earplugs that protect against hearing damage when shooting firearms, so they would greatly reduce the sound of even the loudest shouting, but obviously they wouldn't be comfortable to wear while sleeping. Unfortunately, the problem is just that, while there are many noise canceling headphones/earphones on the market, most of them aren't designed to be used while sleeping.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that what you are actually wanting, @mildredtabitha@mildredtabitha , might be actual earplugs. These are not headphones, they are just little inserts that you can put in your ears to drown out noise. Many people who have to work in noisy environments use earplugs to prevent hearing loss, and also people use them for sleeping at night sometimes.
    When you live and sleep someplace that is noisy all of the time, then using earplugs to sleep with would work great; but not when you need to actually hear someone speaking to you.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Always make sure that you buy "in ear" earphones, that way you can totally isolate your ears and just enjoy the sound without the background noise seeping in.

8. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I think that most of the earphones cancel your ears at least the ones that have plugs in them. If you put them deep in your ear you won't be able to hear a word that someone is saying which I don't like at all but it is what it is.

9. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I will suggest Panasonic earphones for that.