Are there some items you will only buy name brand?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by happyrocinante • May 27, 2012.

1. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    No, I don't prefer name brand. I'd rather leave that money in my pocket and spend it on something else that I need. Name brand means nothing to me because I don't want to be wearing someone else's name on me. That's called advertisement and you are paying a high price to wear there name on you. What are they paying you to wear there name on you? NOTHING! So why wear name brands, so you can look stuip, and they know that's what you are doing. I like only plain things and no names for me, I only wear my name, after all I do have one just like them, don't you? I buy the cheapest things that I can without the name. I don't want to support them in there big life style while they make a fool out of me. Have you ever thought of that, I do? I have nothing against them, I'm just stating the facts.

2. Sandy

SandyNew Member

Threads:
    For general cleaning purposes, I'm not particular with brands. It's the products my kids use that I'm very persnickety about. Through 3 kids I've stuck with a single brand of nappies since they worked so well. Same thing with shoes. I'd pay top price for well made shoes because they affect my kids balance and posture aside from protecting their feet.

3. G4rud4f7

G4rud4f7New Member

Threads:
    I most usually go out for tetely tea, it really makes up for a great afternoon tea for me. As for my suits that I wear, I usual opt for levi's because they are trendy, fashionable and in one way reasonable priced.

4. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I don't want to come off as a snob, but I trust name brand food and not generic or store-brand.
    Also, things like skin moisturizers and expensive electronics really cause me to look at the brands.
    Otherwise, it doesn't matter to me. Quite often, generic items are almost exactly like the brand name ones.

5. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Food is a different story though, I will buy the best for my health. I was talking clothing wise, because I know what it's all about when it comes to clothing and purses. Such as shoes, I do buy the best that is comfortable for my feet because my feet has to last me a lifetime. But when it comes to those high heel shoes, no way will I invest in that type of shoes because I do not want to suffer later on in my life, and good luck to the ones that don't know any better. I also make my own jewelry to wear and don't have to pay those high retail prices for something I can make myself. I buy whatever gemstones, pearls and the works that I want and it comes out the same way as the one that I saw in the window at the store for $300 or $400 dollars. So my name is on that because I made it a heck of a lot cheaper and I saved over 75%. So name brands are not for me.

6. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    The only place where brands really come into my mind is " baby stuff". Whether its their food, clothing, bottles etc. , I don't want to get into anything cheap. Kids are most vulnerable & they are at a growing stage. I try to take utmost care that they don't catch an unnecessary infection because of my negligence.

7. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    All my personal care products are Branded. There is a huge risk on using anything so better go with what works so that there's no side effects. Clothes & shoes just doesn't matter as I go by what looks good . Cars are another thing that makes a difference.

8. kxvposter

kxvposterNew Member

Threads:
    Upppp hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!.........

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to gadgets and appliances, I will definitely buy only the branded ones, because they are durable and they last longer too than the non branded ones. When it comes to everything else, I don't mind buying non branded ones with the exception of shoes. Because you'll never know when the sole will suddenly stick out!

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Maybe I will buy name brand appliances, but If I see a style that I like and it's not name brand, that's the one that's coming home with me. I don't think they last any shorter of a period than a name brand. So, if something goes wrong on them, there is a guarantee on them for a certain period of time, so why buy that name brand item. I think they are almost the same.

11. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I am the same way with food items and cleaning products, as well as cameras. I am a little less specific with electronics and I don't even pay attention when it comes to buying clothing. It doesn't matter whose name is in my garment or on my shoes as much as how well made the item is and what materials were used.

12. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I know, as long as they fit really well and are comfortable who cares about the name. I go for comfort and not for style per-say. I want to save as much money as I can and have some left to buy food for my home. That may sound stuip to some but it helps me to save for another day.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I don't care if most of the things I buy belong to popular brands or not - clothes, gadgets, shoes, etc. However, I am brand conscious when it comes to cellphones or guitar equipment. I recently got a pedal and a pair of pickups for my guitar (an Epiphone, which, by the way, I bought also thinking about the brand), and I made sure not to buy generic ones. When it comes to those kinds of things, usually the brand is important. Sure, you may be lucky to get a similar item that isn't branded for a lot less, but you have to be lucky for that to happen.

14. skyby7

skyby7New Member

Threads:
    I always buy brand-name knives even though they are more expensive due to the fact they are made in North America or Europe. I don't trust blades from china or countries where cheap labour is practiced due to the obvious reduction in quality.

You wouldn't want a knife to fail you, especially in a survival situation. Invest in a quality blade that will no break or wear easily.

Also Heinz Ketchup, no other tastes like it hahah.

15. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I would only buy branded things when it comes to gadgets/electronic stuff. But with groceries, I usually choose the cheap ones as most of the times, they are almost the same with branded ones. When it comes to food, of course it won't matter when it's branded or not, as long as it would taste good and affordable for me. For clothes and shoes, same thing, what matters is I would feel comfortable wearing it and not the brand.

16. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Well I am into Mac computers. All of my computers have been Macs. I am
    also into Nikon cameras and lenses. I have had several Nikon camera bodies and
    Nikon lenses. Do these count.
    Generally I am a bit less picky.
    Ryder13

17. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    No, absolutely not. I just buy whatever is cheapest. In some cases, this happens to be a particular brand but this is quite a rare occurrence. I see no reason to spend more money to buy a product just because the label is slightly different or has a particular name on it. Many of the cheaper, generic varieties are almost (if not exactly) the same thing as the bigger brand names. So long as it does the job, I see no problem with it.

18. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Generic cola doesn't taste that great. Therefore, even though I'd save massive cash on generic cola, I prefer to get name-brand. However, on the other hand, I might buy generic potato chips because often I cannot see a difference between generic and name-brand chips. Now, when it comes to motor oil, I normally buy generic motor oil, but I cannot really say if name-brand is better. I haven't tested the situation enough with both types.

Oh, by the way, generic doesn't always offer the best savings. Sometimes a frequent buyer card will get you the same savings and you can still buy name-brand. :)

19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I will buy one of those "copy" or fake phones or tablets even if they look like the real thing. I'm not sure of the quality of those things, and I'm sure they will tend to break easily. I remember buying a very cheap mp3 player that malfunctioned after 3 hours of use, so for sure I won't be buying cheap electronics.

20. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    For electronics I go for specific brands and yes for some food items too. Like for vegetable oils we go for Fortune, wheat flour is Ashirwad etc. For clothes and all, its okay to buy from local shops. I have no problem.