Are you a fan of Ghostbusters?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by daimashin • Feb 25, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    The reason I ask this is because there is a very sad news today. Mr. Harold Ramis aka Dr. Egon Spengler has passed away at the age of 69. Ghostbusters is my most favorite movie back in the 80s. Thanks to Mr. Ramis and Mr. Akroyd, I got such a wonderful childhood. Ghostbusters is a timeless movie which I still enjoy from time to time up to this day. What makes it sadder is that I just re-watched Ghostbusters a couple of days ago and knowing that Ghostbusters 3 will never be.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of Ghostbusters, honestly, but I did like the movies and I was also still hoping for a sequel anyway. I don't know about his other works, though, and I'll be looking it up later, but regardless of his accomplishments, it's just sad when people go. I know a lot of GB fans are now sending their love to the Ramis family, and I think that's a good thing. I agree that it's still sad that we'll probably never see a third installment, though.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a HUGE fan of GhostBusters, not only do I have the films, but I have the cartoons and video games for my old Amstrad CPC 464 machine. My friend broke the news to me last night and I was rather sad. :(

I'm one of the ones that was holding out for a follow-up film, preferably how they are doing years later, but judging on Hollywood's past record with this kind of thing, I'm glad they didn't do it.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I feel really bad after hearing the news yesterday to be honest. This is only the third time I ever felt this sad at learning the passing of a celebrity. The first was Christopher Reeve, second was Michael Jackson, and now Harold Ramis. I feel that they left us too soon, and talented people don't live long.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was a fan of Ghost Busters when I was about 7 years old. Capturing ghosts seemed so cool during that time. Then I got old and I moved on to other things. I think Ghost Busters is perfectly suited for kids but not for adults.

6. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I use to when I was younger. It was actually my favorite movie. I had it on DVD, and I would watch it everyday after school. I only liked the original the follow-ups weren't as good. now that I am an adult I don't even like the original anymore. I have definitely outgrown the film. It seems a bit childish to me now. Maybe ill show it to my nieces, and nephews.

7. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    There's rumored to be a GHOSTBUSTERS 3 in the works, with females in all the BUSTERS' roles.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I may not be a big fan of the Ghostbusters, but I do very much enjoy the movies. They're very iconic movies of the 80's, and I see why. I just was more into the Fantasy 80's movies, like Legend, or Labyrinth, or Never Ending Story.

9. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Aaaw that's sad news :(. I love Ghostbusters, who didn't back then? If you didn't then you must of been a pretty boring person. I mean its just a fun family film. The 80's was packed with fun 80's films.