Are you a "latest trend" shopper?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by charahome • Dec 6, 2013.

1. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    Do you find yourself browsing magazines, fashion news, or apparel stores in order to find what is the latest and greatest? I grew up with a mother and two sisters, that seem to go crazy over this.

Mom was always purchasing clothes that were featured in magazines, down to the shoes, hats, belts, accessories, etc.

I have always been a jeans and T-shirt, and flip-flops, If I can get away with it.

I can dress for the occasion, but I don't get the frenzy.

How about you? :)

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a jeans and flip flops girl, but I'm not trendy either.

I like to think that I tend to have a classic style. I buy lots of staple "timeless" pieces that fit well. To me, looking good isn't about being trendy, it is about wearing clothes that fit and flatter.

When new trends hit, I find that I'm often at the end of the bandwagon. (Two things come to mind: capri pants and skinny jeans, haha.)

I guess if at first I think something is silly or ugly, it takes me a while before the look grows on me. I eventually converted on both the capris and skinny jeans, by the way, but I don't wear capris anymore.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not at all, I just observe what the people wear when I'm out. Or when I happen to watch tv, I just casually observe what our local celebrities are wearing and if it's applicable for casual wear.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to be unique. I'm not one for running to a mall or boutique the minute a trend starts.. in fact, I hate trends. I'm no cookie cutter and don't wish to be. It's actually kind of creepy how alike everyone looks because they have to fit instead of standing out. I don't necessarily want to stand out, I just don't want to be an exact copy of every other girl out there. It's a result of the big money making machine I can't stand.

5. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I won't lie I am a latest trends shopper. I love shopping for the latest trends, I mean who enjoys being in something that is not considered up to date or new for that matter. I love being in the latest trends, but only if they are stylish and they fit my need for clothes. I mean I don't get anything I don't need or something I will never wear.

6. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    I don't actually go through magazines or other stuff in order to follow up the latest trends. If I come across any new style I'll surely try to get it if that suits me the best. I mostly design my clothing with the help of my friend who's a good designer. Buying clothes for the reason of trend and which doesn't suit us is a damn waste of money, isn't it? This is the case with me.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    No, I usually stick to purchasing classic pieces. They stay in style longer than faddish clothes. Also, they mix and match much easier too.

8. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    No. I don't pay attention or really care. I see all the people around me dressing the same, anyway. I just wear whatever I think is cute and whatever is comfy. I know a lot of people do like to dress in the latest trends, though and I don't see anything wrong with that. It can be fun and exciting to keep up with the latest trends. I will say though, that lately I have been noticing a lot of girls wearing big, fancy scarves, and I like the look of those, especially with the weather we have been having.

9. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer classic looks so no, I'm not really a latest trend shopper. I like knowing my clothes will be in style for several years. At the same time, I love fashion. So, I love flipping through catalogs and magazines to see all the new styles. I also like looking for fashion twists I can do with the clothes I already have. It's good to keep up a bit with fashion. You don't have to follow it, but it's good to know what's going on.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Old-fashioned.

Dress in what you're comfortable wearing and don't mind what's happening in the world of fashion. After all trying to keep up with the changes would a full-time job. Designers have to stay in business?

11. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I am pretty big on trend shopping. I do enjoy keeping up with what's new and great! I also enjoy the trips to the mall to just see what is new to the shelves and try to determine if that look would fit me as a person. I like to know the newest trends but they don't all work for me. I also enjoy my down days, sweats or blue jeans. It all depends on my mood. Any outing is going to be trendy dress though!

12. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    I love your post. So honest. I get what you are saying. I did not go for the skinny Jeans, until I had no choice, I could not find anything else. Since I live in FL, capris are very common here. In the summer time they are so much cooler than long pants, and they wear well with a "nicer" pair of sandals, no necessarily "flip-flop". yes I can upgrade if I need to do so.

13. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    the way that you feel is exactly how I felt. I could not understand what was so important about looking like the models and everyone else thereof. I always felt that a trend is nothing but the opinion of someone, that is pushing what they think is the latest and greatest. I have my own person to be true to, not the rest of the world.

I may take into consideration the latest colors, as it does fascinate me to see how many different shades of green, blue, etc, they can come up with.