Are you a Telus Customer?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Ich bin Gia • Sep 1, 2012.

1. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I use Telus for my land line, internet and television. Today I noticed that I lost two channels that I was paying for, so I phoned their client care and asked what was the matter. Well, I was sent to a very rude woman who told me TVtropolis and Showcase west were not cancelled and I need a repair team to come. I politely told her that it said the channel was removed by the provider which seems that it has been cancelled all together. She put me on hold, came back, told me I was mistaken and then said I was being rude and before I could say more to her, she interrupted me and patched me through to some person in the Philippines. I was rather shocked by this point. The fellow in the Philippines said that they will give me a 5 dollar credit for the next six months for my hassle, and that they will have to send a technician over. I told him that the channels were completely removed and I just didn't want to be charged for them. I assured him that is what the message was saying on the television and he too began to contest this and I just hung up on him. I called 4 other times and kept being patched through to the Philippines. On my 5th try, I got someone in Canada, and told her exactly what I was told by the other two client care representatives and asked her to check if these channels were indeed still available or not. She put me on hold and said that the western version of the channels have indeed been cancelled, but I get the same channels on different stations, so they just did a switcheroo. There was no repair needed to be done, and there was no need to give me a 5 dollar credit for six months. The other two agents I spoke to did not know their information, and Telus customer service is not all on the same page. Not to mention that they are poorly trained and rude.

I am writing this long rant to see if any of you have had issues with Telus. This is my second problem with them. The first time involved them crediting my account with 900 dollars and them insisting it was mine and me insisting on an audit and again fighting with people from the Philippines. In the end, since there was so much frustration they did an audit and discovered it was an accounting error, but allowed me to keep the 900 dollar credit because of all the hassle and phone calls I had to make to straighten out the account. They also told me it was a god thing I kept persisting because they would have caught the error at the end of the year and then I would have had to pay it back. In January my 3 year contract is up for TV and internet with them, and I will cancel the whole package including the land line due to their horrid customer service and rudeness. Imagine fighting with the customer when you are supposed to be helping. I have had enough of it.

#1Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I was a Telus customer for years and years and years. Although it was for my cell phone and not my TV.

I was never sent to speak with customer service anywhere but in Canada. However, I had the same kinds of issues. The service reps had no idea about the specials, my account or how to do their job. I asked to have my cell phone but on vacation disconnect while I was overseas for the summer. When I got home, I had months of bills because no one at Telus actually bothered to put my account on disconnect despite the fact that I called three times to sort out a simple issue.

3. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I have never been a Telus customer, everything I have is on the little independents, I was with Rogers for a year, and they tried to con me out of $500. I always stay away from the big names now, I have internet with TekkSavvy which is 28MB, Unlimited for $50 per month, cell phone on Koodo $40 per month, landline is just a skype phone set up to the UK (my family all live in the UK) and TV is Netflix streaming through a games console!

Good luck with your Telus situation, but in my experience you really have to stay firm and be willing to leave them if they try to screw you!

4. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    i've been with telus for my cell phone but we don't have the other options in ontario. Honestly, we have rogers out here and it doesn't matter who you have, they are all douches.

5. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    What a story. I live in the US so I have never heard of the company. Nice of them to allow you to keep the credit. Honest of you, to keep trying to get them to see their error. I would be unable to trust them, after all of that confusion.