Are you addicted to Facebook?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by fancy • Nov 9, 2013.

1. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    I'm one of those rare individuals who's never had a "proper" Facebook account. I just seriously don't see the appeal of it. Talking to the people I otherwise spend 8-10 hours of my day with is just pointless and annoying. I'm not the most social person, but I honestly cannot fathom how people can spend several hours of their day "updating" their statuses or sharing pictures of their cat.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I may stop occasionally at Facebook several times a day, but not spending more than a few minutes in such site, which is mostly a waste of time.

Many of my family members and friends have a Facebook account and this is why I visit Facebook daily (if I can) because this is the easiest way to know what is up with them.

But they, as most people there, usually post irrelevant and useless things so it's not that hard review only what is truly meaningful to me along with updates from food and wine pages that I like, but each of my visits to Facebook never take long hours.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I never have had nor will I ever have a Facebook page. I find Facebook a ridiculous waste of time. When I want a free sample from Facebook I use someone who I know. I have no interest in anything Facebook has to offer. If I wanted to keep the friends I had in high school I would have. I do not need them creepily looking into my life unless I make my Facebook private and have a list of unnecessary 'friends' I barely talk to. No need.

4. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am a Facebook addict. I cannot go a day without scrolling through my news feed! I love seeing what my friends are up to. I also follow a lot of money saving blogs and have "liked" various stores. I love being able to look on Facebook and find good deals at different stores and online websites. I really think that I look out for the posts from these blogs and stores just as much as I enjoy updates from my friends!

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    If there is one time to stop using something, is when your parents start using them too. As soon as i saw my father's account, i deleted my account as soon as possible. I was already planning on leaving that place, but that moment really marked it for me as the end of this stupid social network stuff.

6. emmashopping

emmashoppingMember

Threads:
    Well, I am addicted Facebook last year, due to this I face lots of trouble in Social Life. Now, I dump Facebook

7. krissibear

krissibearNew Member

Threads:
    I love facebook as well but im not addicted, try taking up a hobby. Theres so much other things on the internet you can do as well other then facebook, like entering giveaways. As far as the addiction, at least its better then having one of the worse addictions some people have.

8. rdilipk1

rdilipk1New Member

Threads:
    Hey, that's an interesting discussion. Facebook addiction is not uncommon. While some people use Facebook just for fun, some others use it for business purposes. Going by the reason you mentioned, it looks like an addiction. But I would say it is not a bad addiction if you are not compromising other important things for Facebook. In your case, you are indeed compromising and hence you might seriously want to look at a solution of getting out of it.

9. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say yes, since most of my traffic for my work from home job comes from Facebook I spend most of my day with my page up surfing and replying, Facebook is a good was to advertise your business and sell items also on the swap shops

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am definitely not addicted to Facebook. I have one but I only use it for my GPT sites nowadays. I'm a gamer so I tried the games once and they are just awful. I don't know why but I just don't like them. Heck I don't even like the hidden object and normally I love that kind.

11. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not in any way addicted to Facebook, not even close! I don't even have a personal account. I'm just not a social person and just don't care about what others are doing or saying all the time. I had a MySpace account several years ago because it was popular and everyone else had one but drama came along with it and that took the fun out it. I guess I've just grown up and have new interests and Facebook is just not one of them.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely not! I take pride in saying I rarely log into Facebook and only do so when friends message me, tag me or invite me somewhere. I can barely remember to send birthday messages, and everytime someone finds out some gossip through Facebook I never have any idea about it. I actually would like to go to Facebook a bit more to learn more about my friends and acquaintances, but for some reason knowing about other people's lifes and interests doesn't interest me quite as much as it should.

13. suncoast15

suncoast15New Member

Threads:
    I haven't posted a status update in over a year and only look at Facebook once a week if that. I realized after a while that I don't care about what other people are writing about and also that I no longer felt the need to share details about my personal life with people I didn't necessarily care about. That was also the point where I deleted a few hundred "friends" (99% of them are really acquaintances, just people from high school I had to add as friends back when everyone started getting Facebook) that I no longer wished to keep in touch with.

14. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    No not really. I suppose I was a bit a few years back, but I haven't posted in over a year and only check weekly. I know if you get too involved you will lose a lot of time and gain nothing. Nothing beats real interaction anyway, even phone/Skype is better than Facebook. It can be interesting for gossip, but not really worth obsessing over.

15. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    No, I'm not addicted to Facebook. I have an account but I only use it for its news feed so I can see the latest things. A lot of people like to post all sorts of things but not for me, I rarely even comment on Facebook.

16. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    Im not addicted to Facebook at all. I can stay off of Facebook for long periods of time if I want to. Facebook is the worse of all social networks to me. I like Instagram best, and then maybe Twitter.

17. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    The way Facebook is set up makes it addictive and makes it feel like you're getting lots of attention and that you're special. I had a facebook for a month maybe and it was addictive. I don't think Facebook is bad or not useful but it's not for me.

18. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I am far from addicted to Facebook. To me, it seems as if all people do on there is talk about their personal problems and not just socialize civil. I actually deleted the Facebook app from my phone. I don't need the added drama of someone else nor do I want to read their proems everyday.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only have a Facebook account to enter contests and request free samples. I wouldn't care if the site vanished tomorrow. I barely use it unless I run into a site that needs to be linked to a Facebook account for verification.

20. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    No. I absolutely hate Facebook. Facebook is to invasive for me. I refuse to give social site all of personal information. I can not find a valid reason why Facebook would need my personal information. They obviously have sinister plans for their users information. They probably sell the information to other companies. I have no interest in being exposed to that.