Are you afraid to travel nowadays?

Discussion in Travel started by Jennifer • Jul 4, 2012.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not really. I wish I traveled waaaaaaaay more than I do now, but unfortunately money has been very low. If I had more money I would travel to so many places, including a few some people consider risky!

2. mmegs00

mmegs00New Member

Threads:
    There is no need to be afraid of travel. There will always be bad things happening in the world. I love travelling around the world and always have positive experiences. We have to remember that the world is not necessarily becoming a scarier place, we just now have constant access to the '24hour news machine' which produces so much more coverage of world issues. As well, it is important to remember the role the media places in the telling of the stories, as it is often the case that negativity and fear sells. You should always use the proper precautions when travelling anyone; be a smart traveller and listen to your countries travel advisories. But never let your fear stop you from seeing and experiencing other parts of the world!

3. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I also feel the same about travelling. There are a lot of bad things going on that I see on the news about the safety of travelers. There terrorists groups who kidnap for ransom, pickpockets and snatchers in tourist spots, airport officials who are corrupt and will extort you money, public transport drivers who are dishonest, groups or gangs that rob you, etc. I really like to travel but because of these things I am doubtful and in fear of travelling abroad. If I happen to need to travel, I will thoroughly research my destination and find out ways on how to avoid these dangerous situations. I will also try to find a travel buddy or join group tours so that I will be more safe and avoid the risk of trouble while travelling.