Are you an early riser?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by akiii123 • Jan 13, 2015.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I believe it is really awesome to wake up early in the morning. It feels quite fresh and you will be energetic for the entire day. I usually wake up before sunrise. At what time do you prefer to wake up in the morning?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am an early riser but not by choice. I only wake up early because I need to in order to go to work. So I will usually wake up at 6:30-ish. If I could get in later at work I would probably be much happier waking up at around 8 AM, which is just still early for some people but it would definitely improve my mood in the morning!

3. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty much this. If I could have my way I'd sleep in every day, but my lifestyle just doesn't allow it right now. I do enjoy being awake for the morning though especially in the winter months when daylight is so limited... if you sleep in too late you practically miss it!

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nowadays, yes I have become an early riser, but when I was younger I used to sleep late and wake up late. It doesn't really matter to me what time I am awake as long as my body gets a full 7 or 8 hours of sleep, because if I don't, then I tend to get sleepy throughout the day.

5. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I am definitely an early riser. One thing that I love to do is meditate as the sun rises and I (obviously) have to be up before the sun rises to do that. Most of the time I just work through the night and meditate as the sun rises before I get a few hours of sleep.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always get up latish. From 8:00 - 9:00. I'd like to get up earlier but it just happens that the only time I can fall asleep is between 5:00 A.M - 7:00 A.M. Weird, aint it? If I could sleep normally like other people I certainly would get up as earlier if not earlier than most people.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to sleep in lol. I bet no one is shocked to hear that lol!!! I find that I am a night owl, and have always been a night owl. Something about light - sunlight - seems or feels harsh to me? I don't know; it is difficult to explain. I often feel like I am dreaming during the day. But at night time, I come alive. I am a lot more alert, and my senses are very very alive. I also don't get tired at night. I am exhausted during the day though, just from the light alone. I am an early riser when I have to be, but I don't enjoy it.

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I am proud to say that I am an early riser. I usually wake up at 5 am because I have to be in the hospital by 7 am. But ever on weekends and day offs, I still wake up as early as 5 am and do early morning jog. I feel pretty relax afterwards.

9. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I usually wake up around 5am. On the weekends when I don't have to set an alarm I'm usually awake by 6am. I love getting up early and easing into my days. I look forward to Sunday mornings when I wake up before everyone else and enjoy a cup of coffee in the quiet before everyone else wakes up and our day gets busy.

10. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    I get up at 6 AM every morning whether I like it or not, I'm a single dad of twins and a girl, that's right three girls, so I have no choice. They are early risers, they even get up at 5 AM sometimes, I guess I'm use to it by now. Those days of sleeping in is over, I have to rush three girls off to school and then go to work, weekends are no different, my girls get up before the bird start chirping and there is no way I can get them to sleep in after 6.

#10Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  11. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Although I used to be a "later sleeper", I am now an early riser. I don't have the fastest internet, so I have been kind of forced to wake up early and get my work done when internet speeds are a bit higher. I have been getting up at 6 the last month or so and am now starting to like it. I get some work done, and then go for a run at 8.

12. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    I usually wake up at about 5 in the morning. But I don't get up from my bed immediately. Instead, I just play games with my phone, read a book, or maybe just lie on my bed day-dreaming. I get up at about 7:00 in the morning, usually after I hear some commotion in the house which means that someone had risen up.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate to be told when to get up and when not to lol. I don't currently have a 'real' job, and one of the reasons why is because it feels trapping to me - the having to get up in the morning part included. I like my sleep, and not an unreasonable amount of it. I just don't want to be tired or drained the next day and have to go into work feeling that way, especially if it is a job that I already don't want to be going to, which I suspect that it will be, given how workplaces work these days.

14. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Does 7:00 AM count as early? If so, then yep!

Mainly because I got used after years and years of school, then college, then work, now I get up at that time even if I go to sleep just a couple hours before that.

I really hope I don't have to wake up earlier than that, though, that'd be a bother.

15. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge morning person. I used to wake up at 4:30 in the morning because my classes start at 7:30 and my travel time is usually around an hour and a half. It's a hassle, but there's something beautiful in waking up early in the morning and starting your day ahead of everyone. It makes me feel that I'm being more productive compared to my peers.

However I'm currently in the process of regaining my old habit. Ever since my term break started, I began sleeping at around 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning which f*cked up my body clock.

16. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends what time I went to sleep and how long I need to rest, because if I didn't go to sleep until 1 am and I have to wake up at 6 am, I will not feel like getting up. I'm more of a human who wakes up at brunch time since I mostly sleep late and feel this is the best time for me to prepare for my daily activities. However, sometimes I sleep until noon, because I couldn't sleep until past 3 am.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do wake up early everyday and I try to as much as possible just because it feels much better for me to wake up early as whenever I wake up late I always feel like I wasted a part of my day. Whenever I get into a routine it doesn't matter if I sleep late, I'd always get up at the same time and feel tired all day so I try as much as possible to sleep early as well.

18. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Being an early riser depends on what time you go to sleep at night and also depends on your body condition. But for me, I am not an early riser since I go to bed late at night for some reasons and sometimes my body is deadly tired for the whole day's work at home. Also, my body system is already being tolerated to wake up late in the morning.

19. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I am a very early riser because I am self employed and work from home, and I prefer to do my work in the morning so that I can have the afternoons to myself to do whatever I like. So I will typically work from 6am until 12pm and then have a few hours in the afternoon to do whatever I want to, before coming home and completing work in the evening. I find that I get much more done this way and therefore make more money out of it, so that's a great thing. It's also very nice in the summer months because I like the cool of the early morning.

20. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    If getting up early works to help you get things done, that's great. I'm not on a regular schedule because I have the luxury of not needing to be on one. I go to sleep when I'm tired and wake up without an alarm. Sometimes I nap. If something, like the dog needing to go out, wakes me very early in the morning and I feel rested, I get stuff done. If not, I go back to bed. I typically sleep about 7.5 hours. Or sometimes, I wake up after six hours and feel great in the morning but if I do that, I usually end up tired in the afternoon and catching a 45 minute nap.

If you go to bed early and wake up early, I can see how early rising could be helpful in getting things done. I used to have a really early alarm because I had to be at work by 6:30. I never could manage to go to sleep before midnight so I often was trying to function on 4 hours of sleep. It was NOT helpful. I was so groggy and cranky that my first few hours at work were completely non-productive. Once I got enough caffeine in me to be functional, things went a bit better but it was a terrible time in my life and I hope never to have to do it again.

My favorite quote on early rising: