Are you an early riser?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by akiii123 • Jan 13, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I'm not a morning person and when I have shared a house or flat, everyone knows to ignore me. I can get up, but I'm not sociable at all. I prefer to get up about 10, but I sometimes wake up early and will stay in bed and read and relax. These days space and time alone is important and I relish it and make the most of it.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am an early riser. And not because I have to be. I just like the calm of the morning and enjoy having the alone time to think clearly and without interruption for certain things have to get done in the day. My body is used to it by now and I find I have more energy throughout the day when I rise early.. it wasn't the case when I was used to being a later riser.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter has to be at school by 7AM, so I'm up at the crack of dawn like everyone else. Before I had a kid , I used to always work night jobs because I enjoyed being a day sleeper. I don't get to do that anymore until my daughter grows up and leaves the nest.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like early mornings, but I also like late nights. It’s a bit of a dilemma when it comes to sleeping. Naturally I’m more of a night owl, though. It was a running joke in my family that I must have been one of the few two-year-olds in the world who knew who all the late night talk show hosts were.

Anyway, my wake-up time mostly depends on what I do with my day. Some days I wake up around 6-7, but if I have no obligations I like to wake up around 8 or 9 am. Not too early, but not particularly late either. That said, I may have to adjust my schedule soon. All depends on what happens for me in the next week or so.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a regular early riser, but when the situation calls for it, I do wake up as early as 4 o'clock in the morning. Aside from my regular full-time job, I have part-time gigs online. In order to cope up with the demands of my various income sources, I need to adjust my waking periods every now and then. There are also times when I wake up early just for the heck of it. When I'm not at home, I'm always an early riser. I tend to be extra sensitive to new environments and only let my guard down when I'm in my own room.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I get up between 4 and 6 AM depending on what shift I am working that day. I start anywhere between 6 and 10 depending on what the day looks like, but I won't let myself sleep in farther than 6 AM because I don't want my sleep schedule to be too wacky. I am a natural early riser though, so the only reason I would want to sleep in much longer is if I have not been sleeping well lately or stayed up to late. If I get to bed on time every night I usually wake at about 5-5:30 without an alarm.

7. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I always get up after 8 in the morning, no matter what time I go to sleep at night. But I noticed that waking up early (before 7 a.m.) makes me feel good and gives me a great start for the day. Whenever I wake up at around 6 a.m. my day seems to be better than when I would wake up at 10 a.m. and feel cranky.

8. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I am definitely not a morning person, I love my sleep! I usually wake up around 7 or 730 because that's when my daughter wakes up or else id sleep much later