Are You An Impulse Buyer?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by moondebi • Dec 4, 2016.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Grossly, I’m not!

It’s rare that I’ve bought something out of incitement. In fact, most of my purchases are pre-planned and requirement based. Actually, I do not like to shop unless compelled. Though the option of online shopping has made the task easier, but that has not changed my instinct. This is an attribute what goes against impulse buying. Thus I’m not an impulse buyer.

Do you think before you leap?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a procrastinator when it comes to big purchases. Maybe you can call me a wise buyer and I also do that even in small items. On the contrary, my wife is somewhat an impulsive buyer. I would be surprised to see her come home with something that she said she bought (without asking my opinion). She would buy pillows or blankets. One time she bought a living room set. And I try to understand her because she is easily tempted when it comes to bargains.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am poor buyer as what my friend has told me. I don't know how compare prices. If I have a money, I go to the mall, shop around when I see things which for me are useful I would buy them. Or I would buy things which I don't need and store them with the idea that someday I could use them. My wife is too strict when regards to buying items. But there are instances that I may say that she's an impulsive money. I give her a money this much. She's used it up. When I increase it, still the same, it's all gone, spent for her purchases. So to resolve, we sit down together and talk about it and come up with an agreement.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually plan out what I will be buying and have to make sure it is something I will be using and not keep it abondoned in a closet. I tend to do this most with the bigger items and take it easier on the smaller items, meaning I put more thought into the bigger items. I must always do so to safe a much as I can to have some money left over to add into my savings account for my daughters future.

5. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    The easiest clarification is that a few people simply infer a colossal measure of joy from obtaining something new. The demonstration of purchasing is a demonstration of strengthening that might be felt very once in a while in different parts of life.

As kids, individuals are frequently molded by their folks to like something new being given to them. You just need to backpedal a few eras to comprehend why this was a reasonable estimation. Be that as it may, even in these harder monetary circumstances, we can at present entertain ourselves much more frequently and oddity turns into the objective, instead of the flag of something of significant worth being set in your grasp.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to a big purchase, I am no way an impulse buyer. I take my time to settle down and plan any major purchase I look forward to making. I may buy little less expensive items on impulse, for example just walking pass a Magic Corn stand and perceive the sweet aroma I don't mind spending a two or three dollar to get that.

7. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    If I was rich and money was no object, I would definitely be an impulse buyer. To be able to buy anything you wanted whenever you happened to see it must be a great feeling.

It is not the case for me however, I have to think before I buy. I ask myself if I really need an item and if I do, I will spend a few weeks looking out for the best deal on what I want to get. As soon as I have the funds I will go and buy it. I think when you have to save for something you end up appreciating it a lot more.

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I am certainly not an impulsive buyer. I normally write my shopping/grocery list to know which are the ONLY items to buy. It's also a good thing to avoid buying things that are not needed. Yes every time there is a sale, or whenever I see something that caught my attention, I usually get tempted to buy, but ending up not buying it since it's not that important :)

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to call myself an impulsive buyer, however, sometimes I buy things because of my whims. Recently, I bought shirt and trousers without any pre plan. I door to door salesman came to my office and offer shirt and trousers for a price that was less than in store. Upon buying, I was also entitled to a scratch coupon. I bought the item immediately.

10. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    It depends, well we usually shop for things that we need. But there are times that we do but some stuff that are out of the budget only if it's considered a good buy for us. Like buying something which is 50% off with another free item, but of course we still consider if we will be able to use it always. If we think it would just end up as junk, then we won't buy it even if it's considered a good buy.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I'm an impulse buyer, especially if the item costs less than $5 or $10. I usually buy things that are cheap, but I don't need, like I only like them, like bags or clothes. I also avoid going to the stalls of pirated DVD's and computer software, because I can easily spend $25 in there buying DVD series of tv shows and PC games and software in one trip. For expensive items, I tend to wait until the price goes down before I buy it.

12. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not. It's rarely that I buy something impulsively (unless it's something little like a treat for my kids when they were little or now for my grandkids). I don't buy anything expensive on impulse, and really, I don't buy that many things that aren't expensive too often either.

It's kind of funny, because when I go through a store, I usually end up with only part of what I originally picked up along the way. I tend to put a lot of things back. I grew up having to watch every nickel, and now I think it's just the way I am.

Even if I had a lot of money, I don't think I'd just waste it. Whatever I save can be used for something else or for a rainy day.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The fact is sometimes it could tempting not to buy items on impulse especially when they look so good. I was just going through shoes in one of the shoe shops near me, then I find one good quality fine brown shoes which caught my eyes. Even though I wasn't ready to get shoes at the moment I asked the salesman to reserve them for me two days. I just needed some little time to work towards it.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've always been able to control my money satisfactorily (despite a few moments of exaggeration :p), but impulse buying is something I rarely do. I only usually buy something when I really need / want it because advertisements don't have much effect on me. :D

15. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    I normally like making a shopping list when visiting the store. This ensures that I do not buy the stuff that I do not need. I like to exercise discipline on shopping matters since it could throw you into deep trouble. When I got my first salary, I went to buy stuff that I did not have. I did not have a shopping list so I ended up buying things impulsively. I had to return a few items so that I could get the fare to go home. I think it is essential to have discipline on shopping matters.

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I'm an impulse buyer. I just bought a .75 earring just because it's .75 and I don't have one like it. I check bargain counter all the time for what I need or going to need. If there is something there in my size like the sandals I bought I'll buy it like my sandals that cost only $3! I always window shop so I keep abreast of prices. I love to check for things I need, I just found a 6.99 for 16 oz. of coconut oil at Ross. I'll go and see if my Walmart cavity fighting mouth rinse is in stock and purchase it if it's in stock for I like having an extra one on my shelf. Though I do buy on impulse, I buy what I need only except the earring, it was so cheap and pretty I got it! :D

17. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think am not an impulse buyer. There are times when I really want to buy something, but I will always wait and re-consider if I really need them, or if they are doing any good to me. The only thing I always buy now is books, parenting and homeschooling resources, as I think these will be good for myself and my children.

18. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Not really, i always think a lot of before buying anything, especially if it costs a significant amount of money, but i kind of feel that i would definitely increase my purchasing habits if i were to have more money.