Are you an impulse shopper?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by andrew320 • Dec 5, 2012.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was terrible with this when I used to live near a mall for several years. I was constantly going there after work and walking around looking at stuff. I would inevitably come home with something each time. At one point I had like over 40 bottles of cologne and couldn't fit any more clothes in my closet - I had to give a bunch of it all away.

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really an impulse shopper. As a matter of fact, I don't even want to spend money most of the time because I don't think that spending the money that I worked so hard for is cool. I'd rather invest my money on additional sources of passive income than spend it on material things.

3. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be an impulse buyer. But since we're having difficulties with money, I stopped doing it and just buy things that are important and a necessity.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I used to buy on impulese, but since I've committed to paying down my credit card debt, I always ask myself if I'm buying something because I want it or because I need it. Of course, most of the time it's a want rather than a need. If I really get the desire for something, I'll either drop hints to my husband around birthday or Christmas time, or save up for it. I can safely say I'm cured of impulse buying.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can be. Sometimes you just don't know you "gotta have it" until you see it lol. For the most part I'm not though. My husband is.. with sale items. He doesn't know we need something until he sees it on sale. we wouldn't have spent the money on it before he saw it, but somehow buying it saved us money lol.

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have been an impulse shopper at one point in my life and now I could honestly say that I am not an impulse shopper at all. I normally buy only things that I love and truly can't be without. Therefore if I see something in the store that I like I won't buy it because I don't need or love the item that much.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have slowed down on my impulse shopping a lot lately usually before as soon as I knew I had money I was searching for sales but now not so much

8. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I am not an impulse shopper at all. Before buying things, I always start thinking through a list of "requirements" such as how often I need it, how much it will cost to run, where I can store it and so on. In addition, unless I am planning to go and buy something, I never carry money or cards on me. This is more for safety than anything else (basically to minimise losses and hassle if someone robs me) but it has the side effect of preventing impulse buying (almost) completely.To be honest, I never really buy anything except food so I do not even feel the impulse to buy things normally.