Are You Brand Loyal?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Diane Lane • Jun 3, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a few brands that I'm pretty loyal to. I say pretty, because I'm still frugal, and if I have to, I will cut back by buying generic products, but there are a few brands that I think are better than their competitors, and I try to stick with them. Many companies will reward loyalty with special coupons and other discounts, in an attempt to instill and maintain customer loyalty. Do you think those tactics work? Are you brand loyal?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I am brand loyal for some items and for others, I really don't care. There are some, like Coffeemate for instance, where I have tried alternatives to save money, but ended up going back to the brand and eventually just sticking with it.

3. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm pretty brand loyal. It depends on the quality of the products and the customer service available when you need help. For example, I am Apple loyal because you really get what you pay for I think. Their products last a long time if you don't throw them around. I've had a mac for almost 4 years and it is just fine, I've never gotten a virus on it either. Clothing is the same way, I go for the quality and how long ther products last. I for one love the special promotions that the companies come up with and I tend to take advantage of them.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not loyal to many brands whatsoever. I like to be free to make choices based on quality now as opposed to past experiences with the product. However, I do have an affinity for Samsung. Though that's not a food brand so there's that aspect. o_O

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the product. For most foods, I’m not terribly loyal. If I notice something’s changed for the worse, or I discover a cheaper alternative that’s equal in quality (if not better on occasion!), I’ll switch without hesitation. I’m somewhat more brand-loyal outside of the food and drink area, though.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I the coupons bring the price down to a similar price to others then I will buy it, but I am not brand loyal these days. I used to be, but budgets and the increasing availability of generic brands and their as good quality standards have made me change my habits.

If I find certain brands on offer or in the dollar or pound store then I buy them, as these days you can find them in places like that too.

7. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Nope.
    I'm dollar loyal.
    I don't understand the super brand loyal people. You know the type I am sure. Reason and facts don't matter to them they will always support their brand like it's a local sports team.
    I can't even have conversations with them about products. Guys and car makers are the worst. Anyone who says an entire company can't make one good car clearly isn't thinking reasonable.
    Thing is I can't figure out WHY. It's not like they are getting anything out of it.

8. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I used to brand loyal, especially with food, but now I can't afford to be. Prices on groceries are continually rising, whereas my salary isn't, so I happily switch to a cheaper or more generic brand to save some cash. I think when it comes down to it, being loyal to a brand or actually having food on the table are the two things a lot of people have had to weigh up during the recession, and I find it difficult to be loyal if I have no money :) besides, I've found myself wanting to support more independent retailers while times are tough, and most of them don't stock big brand names.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that the question should be more: are thee brands loyal to me as a customer, as opposed to whether or not I am loyal to them. I think that the relationship between brand and customer is a fickle one, and that it is the brand's job to keep the customer happy.

10. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    Not really, there are certain brands I much prefer but I would not say I am loyal to them as such as I only tend to get them when they are on offer. Tresemme hair products are great and I stock up when they are on offer but otherwise I will go for something good, but slightly cheaper.

11. Diane Lane

Threads:
    That's a good point, @Natalie89@Natalie89. I would love to shop at my independent grocer, but it's way too expensive. I used to shop there, and enjoyed it, although it was a smaller store, so I'd still have to go to a major grocer as well, but I felt good supporting them. I find myself shopping more and more at Walmart and Dollar Tree, because I have to eat, and need other things, such as cleaning supplies, and these days, I have to spend my money where it will stretch the most.

@DreekLass@DreekLass Haha, don't get me started. I'm so tired of companies wasting billions of dollars on advertising, all the while giving crappy customer service. If they really cared about customers, they would give the best quality for a decent price, not try to maximize profits off our backs, while wasting tons of money on meaningless marketing ploys. They should drastically cut their marketing budgets, and lower prices, and we'd all be happier.

12. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I'm brand loyal with many foods. If something is on special offer I will go with that one especially with laundry, cleaning and bathroom products.
    There are some things Where I stick to the same brands like cereal, yoghurt and certain frozen foods. I think that is due to personal preference though rather than brand loyalty.
    One other thing - my cat is brand loyal! She will only eat one brand of cat food. Not the cheapest one either!

13. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is too, haha! Fortunately she’s mid-range. It’s probably good not to feed your cat the cheapest brand anyway; from what I’ve observed they don’t keep cats as healthy as the better-known brands.

14. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @Jannnnjan@Jannnnjan @LeopardJones@LeopardJones That's hilarious. I buy mid-range, and also make cat food, adding to the canned variety and sometimes using tuna or other meat instead, and mine aren't too fussy, but I have a friend and her cat will only eat one particular brand, which is of course, an expensive brand. Only the best for our furbabies!

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I try not to be brand loyal because I try to be more open to trying out new products to get as much objectivity as possible. If I've already tried out the rest of the competitors I will start sticking to the product I like unless a better one comes out eventually. I do tend to favor brands that offer special promos though, admittedly.

16. Scarlet

ScarletMember

Threads:
    Not really.

If I lose interest or the product loses its quality I have no problem changing. With food I am not loyal at all, more to the actual item of what it is, for example, loyal to olives, rather than the actual company. If only one company in the whole world sold olives, I would be extremely loyal:D.

I have been 'loyal' to a clothing company for the past decade but I don't really see it as genuine loyalty, the unconditional kind of loyalty:confused: , more they sell better quality for the price and have a wider choice than I've come across so far, so will stick with them until it changes.

17. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Yes, I agree. I have that same sort of loyalty. If there's one particular company that I've found to have good quality products at reasonable prices, especially with a wide variety of products or types of items, I will often spend my money with them. It takes time to do research and shop around, and if I'm already satisfied that i'm getting great deals, why not stick with that company?

18. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not exactly brand loyal. If I just set my sights on certain brands, it wouldn't be fair to start-up companies that offer products with the same level of quality and affordability as established brands. Just to give them the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to compete on the same field, I try to widen my horizons and not be too hung up on a few brands.

19. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I am in no way brand loyal. I shop for quality and price and try to get the right balance between the two, although if one brand is more expensive, I would tend to choose the better quality product!

20. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to clothes and apparel, I tend to be a little brand loyal. I have a new favorite store called Something Borrowed because their products/items have great quality and their prices are not that expensive. I also like Forever 21 for the reason that their clothes are really trendy and stylish.