Are You Careful About Keeping Your Money Safe From Pick Pockets Over Christmas?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by littlewitch66 • Dec 22, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I notice one of my facebook friends has already had her purse stolen while she was out Christmas shopping. It is the time of year when everywhere is crowded and thieves will take advantage of this to reach into your bag and steal your money.

I always keep My Bag zipped up to make sure no one can get their hand inside because professional pick pockets are very skilled in being able to remove your purse. Are you careful with your money?

2. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Avoiding pickpocket is a very serious thing during Christmas shopping, every where happens to be very busy with lots of people moving about buying one thing or another, while those thieves keep on stealing from people. I normally do my best to hold steadfast to my wallet in my hand instead of my back pocket as usual.

I would be more vigilant with the wallet in my hand than in my pocket, so that way it's only when one cuts my arm, then he or she can steal my wallet and money.

3. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Ofcourse yes. Many thieves target our pockets and our back, inorder to steal money. They take advantage of people crowding together for shopping to stael from them. To avoid bad experiences with such kinds of people, we must be very careful with whoever is around us at the market place. Any suspicious person should be reported to the relevant authority as soon as possible.

4. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you on the need to handle our purses instead of keeping them in the bag where one can get them stolen by pickpocket thieves. It's always a sad situation especially on a day like Christmas when one suppose to be enjoying the season.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I am always very careful about my purse when I am crowded places. I keep my purse clutched close to me body, usually at the front side so that I can notice if someone tries to get their hands inside my purse. But no matter how careful, we are sometimes the thieves are too clever, there have been instances in my country where the thieves slit the bottom of the purse with a blade and skillfully remove its contents.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It's not only at Christmas time that we should be careful about keeping our money safe from pick pockets. It should be all time measure to protect our valuables. Whenever I am out I always touch my pockets to make sure my wallet and other valuables are intact. Apart from the activities of pick pockets one should be careful not to misplaced money, hence I always check my pocket when out.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't experienced of being pickpocketed or my pocket had been slashed and losing my wallet or money. I am extra careful during this season of Christmas for there are so many people around, doing shopping, buying foods and anything for the season. In like manner, on how many people are there in the shopping mall or market or in the public places, there are also many thieves, pick pockets, and the like. Actually I go shopping I have a companion serving as a look out behind me in case I am very busy. I am go with my wife shopping, I am her look out.

8. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Thieves are always going to be thieves in which they are exceptionally good at what they do, so it's left for those they steal from to be very cautious with how they leave their purses and bags vulnerable to their schemes. So it's better to be too careful than to start crying for losing one's cash.

9. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've always used a money belt or a slim belt bag where I can safely keep my money, my identification cards, and credit/ATM/debit cards. I only use a coin purse for loose change and smaller bills which I need to make small purchases and I usually hold it in my hands when shopping. Thieves can't get anything valuable from my bag, either, because it usually just holds an umbrella, a bottle of water, tissue, a small tower, and a lipstick.

10. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I always take care of my pockets when I am going shopping around holidays and not only because here in my country purses, or money is stolen every day especially on a bus or train. Fiefs are everywhere, in buses, train or a mall, we must take care of our money everywhere we go!

11. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Any thief that took it upon himself to steal your bag would definitely curse the day he started the thievery act because getting just an umbrella, bottle water, tissue :D, towel and a lipstick would certainly break his heart considering the stress he went through trying to steal it and the danger he faces should he get caught for stealing a bag with trival stuffs.

12. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    This is absolutely how it is over here. There is a particular bus stop here in my city that is known for its notorious nature in having pick pockets everywhere. It's so bad they steal virtually anything and everything they can lay their hands on. I actually witnessed one day someone had her phone snatched from her hand while seating inside a bus waiting for more passengers to come in. It's very horrible.

13. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    When it's Christmas season, I see a lot on the news about stealing and robbery. I am always extra careful with my money every Christmas season by putting my bag on the front and securing my valuables at all cost. And also, if possible; I bring money as little as possible when I shop to avoid loss of big money if someone will steal my money or things.

14. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It’s really sad to say that criminals are everywhere here and they strike during the holidays. Pickpockets and snatchers are getting bolder that they commit their crime even inside the mall. That is one advantage of using the credit card for shopping. At least you don’t bring a big amount of money and the criminals cannot get anything when they strike on you.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not only pickpockets locally on Oahu, there was a rash of people stealing from pedestrians as they wait at the light stealing peoples bags as they stand in wait. This is a 1997 article about just one incident.

It got so bad that Frommer's got an article about Hawaii's tragic and alarming problem of purse snatching!

When I go out I have a shoulder bag and I put it opposite of the oncoming traffic. When I'm standing at the crosswalk I make sure my purse is at my back and I watch who is near by always. We have got to be careful wherever we are. Take care.

16. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    I believe it's because of the rush that follows Christmas seasons is what gives thieves an opportunity and opening to capitalize on people getting carried away with the event of the season to steal from them. This is why I advocate for early shopping for Christmas stuffs in order not to get caught up in rush of December time. To me, this is the best way to prevent losing money or one's purse to thieves.

17. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy It's good that you mentioned that thieves and snatchers are getting bolder by the day to commit atrocious in broad daylight with fear of anything. Now who told you that the so called credit cards aren't vulnerable as well just like cash is? These guys/ladies can go to any lengths these days to take people's money away and hacking the credit card is nothing new lately.

18. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe This is a great strategy to combat these thieves, it's simply being security conscious because it pays well more than any other thing. As long as you are very observant with what is happening around, you easily detect suspicious people that are probably trying to rob you and you can twart their plan before it's initiated.

#18Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018