Are You Careful To Pay Utility Bills On Time To Avoid Late Fees?

Discussion in Utilities started by Zyni • Jul 14, 2015.

1. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am overall pretty good at the bills, but there are times when I start freaking out if I think I miss the date. Turns out they have a policy that is pretty relaxed if it is a day, so that is nice.

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Zyni, I am trying to pay my bills on time, not in advance because I cannot afford this because gases, electricity, water, the Internet, garbage bill and phone bills are totally around 400 dollars a month, so, for me it would be tough to pay in advance! Sometimes I can make a late payment because the fees added on for late utility bill payments are not that high.

3. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    I think the exact time of the month on which the person's monthly income becomes ready is also important. Sometimes, it's not just the "won't pay" attitude, but the unavailability of the funds to do so in-time. Some people's monthly income becomes ready at a late time. What I may suggest is that, you can still save some money down to pay in-time to avoid late payment bills.

4. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    earlier in the day I went to pay my telephone bills. I was not aware that I had already exceeded the pay time and I had to pay penalty. I always make sure to pay the utility bills on time, or even earlier so that I get cash back, however, I am so forgetfull that I always miss the deadling. If you pay bills on time, you don't have to pay extra. If you pay earlier, you get cash back. You don't get a lot of money as cash back however, it is always enough to buy chocolate for your child. Since paying online is expensive because I have to pay service charge to the card company, I always go the offices to pay the bill.

5. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I once forgot to pay my bills for 4 months and It puts me in a lot of trouble. My Bills provider sued me. I learned my lesson to always pay on time after than incident scarred me for life.

6. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    There is no point in delaying paying for your utility bills when you know it's paramount that it's must be paid. Holding up on its payment would only incur more cost as a result of entering late payments period. So therefore I ask, why would someone knowingly create an added expenses on the proposed bill that he or she is supposed to pay? Personally, I would say it's not a wise decision.

Paying off your utility bills on time not only save you extra cost, it also saves you added stress that comes with the rush of paying late, which sometimes you aren't successful in making such payment on time before your service is cut off. I call it being penny wise and pound foolish.

7. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I think everyone in order to avoid such situations should save up or put a side money for bills which will make their life much easier

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I just asked my dad if there was a penalty if you were not able to pay the electric or water bill on time and he said there was none. If you pay too long then the service is just gonna get cut off. I guess we are "lucky" that we don't get to pay any additional fees if we paid late.

9. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    In my country people are never not in hurry to pay their bills on time.They normally wait till the last minute when you find large queues in many companies to avoid the penalties.Due to this, I equally find myself caught up with time before paying my bills but of late I try my best to pay on time to avoid the late fees.