Are you city or country?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by JosieP • Nov 13, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in the city (a big city) because life led me here, not because it's what I would choose for myself if given the opportunity. I mean, I did choose this city, but only because living in the country just isn't doable for us yet. I can't drive and I refuse to be in the middle of nowhere in case my husband is gone with the vehicle and something happens. Just a bunch of what ifs, but important ones. Luckily I live in a section where there's just enough nature to keep me happy.

Many people live where they need to be and not so much where they want to be.. others would have chosen where life brought them anyway. I'm a country girl.. I prefer quiet and nature and a simple life. I do not like the rat race, the inconsideration of others and the more-bigger-better attitude of society. It makes me sad for people.. there's so much more to the short lives we're living and I wish people could stop and see that. The only thing I like about the city is the many options for things to do.. but I would be completely happy if you dropped me in the middle of the woods to fend for myself lol.

So annnnnyway... are you a country person or a city person?

2. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    I'm raised in the country and later moved to the city and I can say for sure that I'm a city person. I like towns but I don't like living there. Cities are more lively and there's more you can do in them. Small towns have their charm and it's good if you like it to be quiet where you live, but I prefer not to have to travel a lot to get to where something happening.

3. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I am as city as city can be. I grew up in New York and I haven't really ventured to far from the city my entire life. There are some times when I go up to the Poconos for the holidays and there was this one time that I went to Utah, but that's about it. I recently just moved to New Jersey, but I am still a little over twenty minutes from the city. I still haven't learned to drive because public transportation always was around, but after this move I think that it's time for me to learn.

4. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I like to think that I am a city girl - but I have lived in the country most of my adult life - as a kid i lived in a metropolis and loved it - I loved being able to drive five minutes and be at a beach or a mall. It is certainly not like that here -- my neighbors are obscurity and cows. But life is what it is.

5. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I am a country person. I have lived and worked in big cities before but I didn't like the pace of life in the city. The country is where I feel at home. I like to see greenery around me. The air is very much fresher in the country.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like both, but overall I prefer the city. I've also done both at different point of my life. I like the hustle and bustle of being in a city. There's also the convenience of being able to access services and amenities. You're always kept abreast of all new developments, and there're better job prospects in the city. We live in the city, but in comparison to many cities in the West like say New York, Paris and London, my city is really more like a medium sized town.

I like the country for the peace, quiet and serenity. I also like to be at one with nature and to be able to breathe nice, clean, fresh air. You can't beat the community spirit and the friendliness of people in the country. People in big cities tend to be insular, cold, everybody keeps to themselves and people just don't talk! If I could afford it, I'd have two houses; one in the country, and the other in the city so as to shuttle between the two at will.

7. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I live in the city but I love to escape to the country for relaxation and peace. I cant stay out there for too long though as I do miss the hussle and bussle of the city noises and the busy streets. We are lucky because we live in a holiday town and there is always action around us plus we get to se the ocean everyday!

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I was born in the country then my family moved in the city when I was two years old. However, we used to frequent our country home when I was still younger. By the time I was in high school, those visits became fewer until it eventually stopped. That's why I'm sorely missing the life that I have in the country. Spending time with the farm animals, breathing fresh air, planting vegetables, man that was the life. I'm actually planning on moving back there when I retire. And live the rest of my life in peace.

9. SHead

SHeadBanned

Threads:
    I was city, lived in London for 10 years, now I live in a small town with about 70k people! I dont miss london at all!

10. primaLucid

primaLucidNew Member

Threads:
    I think both the city and the country have certain qualities that are generally positive. I love the country for its beautiful scenery, wildlife, and cool, misty air. On the other hand, I love the city for the general hustle and bustle of people, observing people, and being engulfed in movement, lights, sounds, and smells. Personally, I am more of a city guy because I love being around people. Personally, I think the city offers more of an interactive experience whereas the country is more soothing. Some drawbacks of living in a city would be that cities are generally not clean, have homeless people, are very crowded, and can be noisy, but I feel like given my age and school, the city offers a lot more opportunities for youth like myself.

11. ignite1hp

ignite1hpNew Member

Threads:
    I feel as if I am a city guy, but at the same time I absolutely love the country. If I had unlimited funds I would have a log cabin in the woods but with fiber optics internet lol. I love the city lights and all of the things there are to do out here, but at the same time, nothing beats nature. It's tough to say which is best and I am sure everyone has a different opinion, but for me currently, I will be happy in the city. Curious to see where life takes me though :)

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a city girl. I have always lived in the city, when I visit my sister who lives in country I can't wait to get back to the city. I like it quiet but I also like to hear the sounds of the city, the movement of traffic, people talking of walking by, not real loud just the sound of life. I have lived in the burbs for years, it is quiet out here but I can go to the noisey fast moving city very quickly.

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can only ever live in a big city for a maximum of three months before I start feeling ill and claustrophobic. If necessary, I can go for another month, but I know that I will be struggling. I am a country person through and through. Living temporarily in a city is only possible for me if I know that after a certain amount of time I can go back to nature. I like quiet, sparsely populated places where I can think and work in peace.

14. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    I've always been and always will be a country girl. Although I have lived in a city for quite sometime, I find it hard to cope up with the fast pace of living in a city. I don't like the feeling that people seems to always in a hurry. I still like to visit the city from time to time, but I love to live my life in a country, where instead of hearing the sounds of cars and buses, I can hear the sounds of birds and nature.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer being in the city because I'm not too interested in natural scenery although I can appreciate it. I find it relaxing to be in the countryside from time to time but honestly it gets boring for me after a while whereas when I'm in the cit I feel like there's much more to do and I never feel it gets too quiet since most of the time cities are busy with people walking around.