Are you close to your mother?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Treighsie • Oct 28, 2013.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    They don't hate you I'm sure, it's just that they're growing up and all teens get this feeling towards their parents, I had that as well, but it's long gone now. I'm pretty close with my mother, I tell her everything and we gossip a lot. :rolleyes: Ever since she found out that I have a boyfriend she's been extra nice and we haven't gotten into a fight since (it's been about 6 months since she officially found out). It's nice having someone who you could talk to all the time about nonsense.

2. lovemybliss

lovemyblissNew Member

Threads:
    No. My mother is an alcoholic who is also bipolar. She chooses to not be there for myself or my children. I have stopped trying after 20 years of her abuse and dealing with her mental health issues.

3. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    My mother and I have an OKAY relationship. I have two daughters and I want our relationship to be more. I want to have a great relationship with them.

4. Pickicool

PickicoolNew Member

Threads:
    I think I can say that I am close to my mother, but that does not mean I told her all my secrets.

I am closer to my mother that I am my father. I can tell my mother, but I will not do it forever.

My sisters are also close to my mother. It is as if by instinct.
    We all need this mom will comfort us when we have problems.

I do not know what I will become when it is gone.

I LOVE MY MOM.

5. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am very close to my mom and I honestly wouldn't wish it to be any other way. I have always been very close because I am an only child so my mom is almost like my sister my parent of course and my friend.
    I love sharing and getting feedback from someone who truly loves me unconditionally and cares like no other.

6. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what situations I run into. I would say I am closer to my mother just as much as to my father. However, there is one thing I would have to mention is that I do talk to my mother about everything more than my father because she understands better, whom would also give me advices and make me feel better.

7. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I'm very close to my mother and have been most of my life except for a few of my years as a teen. I talk to her everyday and think of her as a friend now that I am in my 20s. Your kids won't always act the way they do now. They are just at that stage in their life where they think they don't need you anymore but they will defiantly come around :)

8. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I am extremely close to my mom. We have always had a close relationship all throughout my life. As I was growing up she was always able to balance not only being a mom, but also being a friend. As she gets older, I dread the day she is no longer around. It completely freaks me out to think of life without her being a phone call away. Now I have my own daughter and I hope to nurture our relationship the same way as my mom has always nurtured ours.

9. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I am very close to my mother, and it's always been like that. She was not only moy mother but my sister, my cousin, bestfriend, my idol, and everything else. We talk everyday and if I didn't have that, I don't think that I would be the person that I am today. Now, my father is a different story.

10. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I am afraid I'm not close to anyone in my family, a childhood of drifting through care homes and boarding schools will do that to you. :)