Are you done your Christmas shopping?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by andrew320 • Sep 17, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I know, I know. One of the most dreaded times of the year and you've finished your Christmas shopping already? I hate to buy gifts at this time, but I heard a couple talking when I was out the other day and they said they're glad they finished shopping for Christmas. I was befuddled by this because I only buy the gifts at the end of November or beginning of December. How could people be this prepared for a holiday? Yikes!

2. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    No, I have not started Christmas shopping because I'm currently broke. However, I would love to start shopping early online at ebates.com and get cash back on all my purchases.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, I haven't even considered it yet. I have several birthdays and holidays between now and then. Christmas is too far out for me and not even on my radar yet. Maybe it should be, but I simply can't think about it yet.

4. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I am assuming these people do their xmas shopping early to get good deals. I am not a deal hunter. I never do boxing day shopping and I've seen some of the mobs that accumulate during this black Friday in the US. I do not wait until the last minute either just because there is parking and lineup nightmares. I just start in late November and do it all in one weekend. I put thought into what I am going to buy each person ahead of time so I am prepared before I go shopping.

5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Most of my family has birthdays back to back and they are close to Christmas. I told them that their birthday gifts this year will be their Christmas gift, I can't afford to get them two gifts.

6. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I love Christmas and I love shopping for it! I usually have a few gifts by now, but I haven't started yet. I do most of my shopping in November. Then I always see something else and get tempted and go buy some other smaller present at the last minute. If you shop early many times you can get good deals. There are always some discounts though in November and December for most things so I don't know if there would really be that much difference in prices.

7. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather save money for now because by the time December starts, there will be more promos popping everywhere in malls and online. I'm planing to by a tablet that for now cost $300+ but this Christmas, it might just cost around $150 so it would be worth the wait.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't start doing my Christmas shopping until November. I heard an idea once for a "gift closet" but I don't have the space or the money to do it right now.

Supposedly a gift closet is a spot where you put all those items you buy on sale or clearance throughout the year so that you can use them for Christmas. I don't have the space to do that but it's kind of a cool idea. If you see something that would be a perfect gift for someone on sale in the spring, you could put it in the gift closet for Christmas. I imagine it would also come in handy if you had a birthday sneak up on you and needed an emergency gift for someone.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    ACSAPA, I have been running a gift box for years. Whenever I see something that will make a suitable gift, I buy it and stow it for Christmas and birthdays. If I know who's going to get it, I'll even wrap it and label it. I have quite a bit of my shopping done already, but I always hit the shops in november when the promos come. If I end up with too many gifts, they start the box for next year.

10. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    This is how our family is. We are on a pretty tight budget, so we will be giving a lot of homemade gifts, which I really need to get started on.

11. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I normally shop for Christmas gifts in November, but last year I tried something different. I bought everyone a gift card from their favorite store.

#11Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I heard of a frugal kitchen gift idea that's cute. After holidays, the potholders and kitchen towels for on sale for 50% or 75% off. So if you bought a few on sale after each holiday, you could present someone with a gift box that has potholders and kitchen towels for Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas. Their kitchen would be ready for every holiday and you would save money on everything because you bought it after each holiday.

You could probably do the same thing with holiday coffee mugs or holiday cookie cutters.
    Someone gave me a box of cookie cutters from every holiday Valentine's Day to Christmas.

13. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    No I'm done with Christmas shopping because I haven't even started yet! I have thought about a few ideas for gifts however honestly times are tough right now I'm not sure if having present this Christmas is an option. Most likely it will be one good gift and a card.

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I just bought one this past weekend! Glad to hear I am not the only one already shopping. I bought my sister a Star Wars t-shirt for only $5 at Walmart. It's really cute and she'll love it. I am pretty broke this year so a $5 gift is a steal. I just couldn't pass it up. Best of all, I bought it with a gift card I won online so it was like I got it for free!

15. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought any gifts yet but I do know what I'm going to get for a few people already. This is a lot better than the previous years for me because I actually have some ideas this time around. I usually don't start the buying until November. However, I did start saving money for the gifts since September. I make this a habit because I don't want to be dead broke by the time Christmas rolls around.

16. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to but I haven't yet. I am still waiting for my Christmas bonus which I have already allocated for my Christmas shopping.

17. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    Done Christmas shopping? Ha! I have hardly started. There are a few good deals that I have gotten over the summer that I have stored down in the basement for the kids. However, these are just a few minor gifts. I really have to start shopping for my husband. I usually don't start shopping until after Thanksgiving, but I want to start shopping a little early this year, if I have a few extra dollars to spend.

18. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I find that the sooner I get my Christmas shopping done, the faster I can relax. Even though I procrastinate a lot, I have learned my lesson and shop earlier now because I hate shopping during the holiday rush since the stores are packed with people and it is hard to find parking. Having a big family makes shopping more challenging as well. I know others who shop for gifts in the summer even and can totally understand why.

19. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy many Christmas gifts. I just buy for the kids in the family. I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. I won't start until the middle of December.

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    No, I am not done with Xmas shopping. I don't do shopping for the holidays because my kids are grown and they don't want anything for Xmas but money. So I say real good, I don't have to go looking for anything, they can pick their own and be happy. Although, if there is something that I see that they need I will pick it up while I'm out.