Are You Easily Lured?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Belovedad • Nov 2, 2016.

1. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Some advertisements target a specific demographic with material that is most appealing to them. If you happen to be in that demographic target of a specific advertisement, are you easily moved or convinced to get the product. Naturally it would raise your interest but how far do you normally go?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a senior citizen and you can guess that there are advertisements specifically for us. One product is the milk for the aged which fortifies the bones, as per the blurb in the tv ad. However, I don't see a need to buy that milk since I am drinking real milk in the morning so I guess my calcium needs are fully supplied. However, when the ad says something about a bargain for seniors then maybe it can catch my attention. How about 50% discount on restaurants? I would jump to that opportunity for sure.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The stuff which involves ED is highly tempting. However, other stuff sold on television is often goofy or isn't needed. Nonetheless, I did see these super ziplock bags which drew my interest. It would be highly useful to have the ability to preserve food a lot longer.

4. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with @Jason76@Jason76's comment here. Most products being advertised on TV are really tempting that's because they are made to become tempting but if you discipline your self to think first if you need the product vs your wants then for sure these people wont be making anymore adds for you. :D

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I would go as far as to fully listen to the products details and that's about it. I am not easily lured at all since I don't have money I can't buy anything anyway. I usually purchase things I am really going to need.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Since we lack the needed information, we are likely to be carried away. However, when price is talked about and it is unreasonably priced, we don't get it or buy to the idea of using the product. TV ads usually don't tell the real if not the exact benefit which the products being promoted are all about. There is always a misrepresentation.

7. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I am hardly ever easily lured to teh specific product. Either because of teh money or because I plan my money spending really carefully. I usually take a look at the product and see if it fits me, am I even in need of such a thing, but in general, I don't buy it. I don't normally go so far to open my wallet, but I do tend to review the offers.

8. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Before I adopt the use of a product in an ad, I take time to check the alternatives that I already use naturally at home as well as past proof of efficiency of other similar products. It gets tricky in the area of toothpaste where there are promises of powerful alternatives all over. I am not a sceptic, I give the product a chance and them calmly evaluate the results in order to decide to continue or discontinue.

9. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    That would really depend on what type of product is being advertised. If it's a household product that I use on a daily basis, I'll most likely try it. If it's a big ticket item that I have no plans of buying at this time, I'm not likely to be enticed by an advertisement no matter how convincing it may appear mainly because I can't afford it right now. I actually feel some satisfaction that I am able to resist buying stuff that I would have normally bought easily in the past.

10. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I think that being tight relating to money has made me selective. I don't buy anything unless I really need it. When I see some products being advertised on television or any other paper advertisement, I usually find them to be ridiculous. I know some family members that do fall for the flashy ads.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Being a marketing professional I guess I know a little more than other viewers and know whre the advert is leading to its target group. I know the reality of discounts and special schemes therefore it's hard for them to lure me. Besides I never purchase an unknown brand and never unless needed anyway.

12. Forty Five

Forty FiveNew Member

Threads:
    I do respond to ads sometimes but I don't consider myself easy to lure, especially not by advertisements. The elements that influence me the most are the people whose opinion I value such as friends or family. Other than that I mostly do my own research on the internet before purchasing any products. I also know that ads try to portray products in the best possible way so they don't give all the information about the product, especially the negative aspects.

13. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think I am not tempted by any particular advertisement as I have a feeling that most of them give fake or exaggerated claims. Some of them use well known celebrities to force us to buy them. But I am easily lured by free gifts while shopping offline. I end up buying unnecessary products tempted by free gifts associated with them. I am trying to have a control on my spending habits these days.

Quite recently in our country a new law has been passed that celebrities and other famous personalities will be responsible for the quality of products they promote. People are easily misled by these famous people while their only motive is to earn money through acting.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the circumstances at that moment, if t's a product I have been thinking about and a strong, appealing advert comes on my screen I may fall among the group of people who would be easily lured. On the other hand if I am not on the look out for the item initially I may not be easily moved but would like to know exactly what the advertisers have to say about the product.

15. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get lured easily. Even I get interested in buying something that I see in an ad I would first investigate it thoroughly then decide to buy.

16. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I get easily lured. I get lured by advertisements, promotional offers, discounts offers, sales, buy one get one free, and similar kinds of promotional offers. I am always tempted by these kinds of offers and I am prone to cheating.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As far getting lured is concerned I have never done any shopping just because they were giving special discount on them or advertising regularly telling their utilities. Being a marketing professional I know about these things a little bit more than others. No company would sell anything incurring losses or out of charity.

18. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on various factors, such as
    Pricing
    Usability
    Feedback score
    If the advertisement is a product that is very expensive, I will not buy it. If I believe I can actually use the product and will ease my work, I will buy it. If the product does not make positive feedback, I will stay away.