Are you excited for the Maleficient?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 6, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I just can't wait now to watch the Maleficient. I simply think Angelina Jolie will give justice to the role. Day by day, as I get closer to it, I am becoming more and more excited. I am watching its trailer over and over, just dreaming I am watching the movie itself. Are you feeling the same thing too?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Not really that excited but I would go and see it. I think Jolie is perfect for the roles, I'm not so sure though why I want to watch it, I'm not really a fan of Jolie but for soe reason I wanted to see her in that role.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Yup! Angelina looks great in the role of Maleficent and I like the idea of putting a new spin on an old tale. It's gonna be the first time, at least for me, when I see Angelina Jolie in some other role than that of a dashing lady. Now all I need to do is find some cheap tickets and popcorn, hehe ;)

Here's a trailer for those of you that don't know about the movie:

[video=youtube;w-XO4XiRop0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-XO4XiRop0[/video]

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a big fan of Jolie but I think she will do an excellent job in the role. I have only seen the trailer once.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I probably won't watch it in theaters, cause I can't afford tickets right now, but I am super excited to see it! I don't really like Jolie's acting style, but I seen a couple clips from the movie, and wow she does an AMAZING job as Maleficent! Just jaw dropping, WOW. The special effects look really amazing too. I also heard that they wanted to make Jolie's face make up softer and more "pretty" to appeal to more people, but she fought them sayings that making her make up and facial fx more angular and such was more true to the original character. And after seeing the trailers and clips, I'm glad she did!

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Psst, let me tell you a little secret... Maleficent will suck. I bet the action would be toned down a lot for the kids leaving a lot to be desired for adults. I also think that the story would be very straight forward and predictable with lots of lines that we have already heard before. Even the CG sequences seem to be second rate.

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really excited! I find it creepy looking and it seems to be a dark twist on the actual Disney cartoon film. The commercials had this creepy music in the background which I liked as well haha. I think that Angelina Jolie looks wicked in that outfit, her acting is great! :D I'm guessing that there will be a happy ending because it is a Disney Movie, but the Alice in Wonderland movie sort of made me sad in the end, I'm hoping that this movie will have the same outcome.

8. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I wasn't really interested in the film when I first heard about it but now I am thinking that maybe I will watch it as it seems to be a film that is going to be good. I probably will wait until it is out on DVD though, I don't think I will go to the cinema though.

9. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Well, if you've seen one version of Sleeping Beauty, you've seen most of them. It's Disney, so they're going to be sticking to the original canon for the most part. Still, a different perspective might have a twist or two we didn't see coming. What I want to know is why she would punish the child for the transgression(s), if any, committed by the parents by condemning her to death after her sixteenth birthday. Revenge by proxy, especially on an innocent, seems illogical to me.

10. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I saw the trailer, but it didn't get me all hyped up. I usually love Disney movies, but I don't know why, but I have no interest in this one. Definitely won't be seeing this movie in a cinema, but probably will rent it online or rent a DVD.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really want to watch it! I'm hoping to go this weekend, I'll see how that goes. I have always loved Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent was always my favorite villain as far as Disney princess movies go. She is complex, dark but still elegant and interesting! I think Angelina Jolie was the perfect actress to cast as Maleficent, and from the trailers it looks like she did so good!