Are You Getting An Xbox One Or A PS4?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Jun 1, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    So far, most of what is known about these two consoles are just rumors and vague information. But I'd like to ask you guys, given the information that we already have, which are you leaning towards most? Do you like the way Xbox One looks? From the features you've heard so far on both consoles, which appeal to you the most? Are you waiting for E3 to make a decision, or have you already decided?

I'll probably get a PS4, but I'll just buy it when the price goes down. I'm afraid the price of both consoles is going to be too high at the release, so I'll wait a year or so before purchasing one.

2. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I will be getting a PS4. I think the Xbox reveal was disappointing as many other people have complained about also, but I think that I will be getting a PS4 over Xbox because I have owned a PS1, PS2 and PS3, so naturally PS4 is my next choice. I will definitely be waiting at least a year to buy it after the release date though because it will be too expensive to go right out and get it straight away.

3. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    Between the two, I'm leaning towards the PS4. It's early days yet though. Playstation usually has better exclusives from what I've seen in the past though.

Neither of them seem really great at the moment though. I might just upgrade my PC.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For the meantime, I'm planning to buy a PS 4. I'm not too thrilled with the new features of the Xbox One. Still, I'll have to see which console would be cheaper and which console would have the better launch games. If not, then I might just settle to purchase a Wii U for the time being.

5. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    My Vote PS4, it is way better than the Xbox one...

6. littledipster

littledipsterNew Member

Threads:
    I do already have a Wii U... but I'll probably end up getting an Xbox One.. Not so much for me, but because I know that it's going to be the one my brother wants to get so he can play with his friends. I personally think I'd want the PS4 because I've been getting into JRPGs and Playstation always has better options for those. Maybe they'll both be great and I'll get both.. if they aren't too expensive!

7. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    This is actually why I got an XBox 360. I thought that the PS3 would have been better for that due to the free online service, but the XBox 360 was more popular and all but one of my friends chose that for online instead.

8. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I have an Xbox 360 but I am getting a PS4 this December when it releases. I think the PS4 will have better graphics and the Internet will be free. Because on the Xbox console you have to pay to play on the Internet.

#8Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know yet...my husband is partial to the xbox so we may go that route, we need to look into them a little more.

10. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I had both the xbox360 and PS3 before but I do prefer the PS3 more as the best thing is I don't have to pay to watch Netflix or YouTube on PS3 unlike xbox360. I do love the kinect more though so I hope that PS4 incorporates the kinect technology. I don't like holding controllers when I do want to play physical games on the PS3. My vote is definitely with the PS4.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will eventually get both when the price eventually drops. I'm not a fangirl of one console. I buy all of them so that I can play all the exclusives for each console. If you only have a Microsoft console, you can't play Sony exclusives and vice versa. I don't like to be limited on what games I can play.

12. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing that is making me think twice about the Xbox One is that there are some rumors that you need to connect to the internet at least once a day in order to play. I don't want to keep on connecting to the internet in order to play the games that I want. I do play online but I'm more of an offline gamer. I want to be able to play my games without any hassle.

13. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm choosing the PS4. Microsoft is making very stupid decisions like constant internet connection, used game policy, and a LOT of other unnecessary things. I was thinking about buying the Xbox One after they made some good choices like partnering with TRITON, but considering the amount of bad news being released, I'm not going to anymore. I'm going to stick with Sony and their PS4.

14. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    PS4 most definitely, but will wait one or two years for the price to drop or for a "slim" model to be released, the typical Sony move when it comes to their consoles.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm doing this as well. I like buying later versions since those tend to be more stable, but given that the price isn't too high, I'd still consider buying this version as well and just probably sell it before a slim version is released.

16. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    It turns out that Kingdom Hearts 3 is being released for both new consoles. This has made me decide to definitely pick up one of them (most likely the PS4) as that's a game I've been wanting for ages.

17. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Xboner is fail - the stupid thing has been created for a demographic that doesn't seem to actually exist. So that thing is not going into my wishlist. The PS4 seems like it might be a possible purchase, but after my experience with the PS3 I don't really know. Besides which I already have a WiiU and I love it so much. Then again I loved the Wii.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I take back what I said before. After reading about the E3 coverage, I'm buying a PS4, not an Xbox One. First of all, calling it the Xbox One when it's the third Xbox is stupid.
    Then there are the restrictions on used games, the fact that XBox One will require a constant internet connection and that it's $499.
    The PS4 does not block used games, costs $399 and does not require an internet connection for single player games. PS4 wins this round of the console wars.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter has a Wii and wants a Wii U for the two Sonic the Hedgehog exclusives that are coming out.
    I deleted the XBox One from my wishlist after I saw that it was just a rich person's toy.

20. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Neither! I will be getting a OS2 when my brother gets PS4 later this year and then gives me his old PS3. I can't remember the last time I actually bought a console that wasn't handed down to me. :)