Are You Going Out For Nye?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by jneanz • Dec 22, 2015.

?

How Will You Spend New Year's Eve 2016?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2016.
  1. At home with that special someone

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. At a friend's house

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. At the nightclub

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know yet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    After dealing with illness, college classes and being a boomerang kid, I am looking to hit the town. Problem is there are no great clubs near me. The club I want to visit has nothing on their website about New Year's celebration.

Another club is charging only $20 for prepaid tickets. That's scary to me because that's how much clubs in not so good areas charged...more than 20 years ago.

I know there's time but I want to know what others do when you're no longer young but not dead and single at the moment.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Staying home and enjoy the television shows on NYE. Going to have traditional Japanese food for the NYE as we do every year. When we were young we'd go to the temples to get our house omamori or special protection for the whole year and return the old house protection or omamori, get other omamori or holy amulet protection from church, drink omiki and head for a nice restaurant to get a bite to eat before heading home because we begin this about midnight. Now we stay home, make NYE traditional foods, get the sparkling cider ready for the New Year cheers and wait for the television countdown on television. We usually go on the 3rd for the house omamori.

This is our house holy amulet for our home.
    12369148_10206503281794546_2979098123279544480_n.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really do anything because it's just another day. I have done the partying thing and I have those memories; the millennium in Bangkok, and Trafalgar Square a few times (and crushed) with fireworks. These days I prefer to stay at home, or go to a friend's party. Most of the time I'm tired and once midnight hits, I go to sleep.