Are You Good At Walking in High Heels?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by AnonaMoss • May 17, 2012.

1. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    Don't worry AnonaMoss... I can't seem to balance well on high heels too. My husband would like to see me wear high heels more often than I do. But my feet hurt and I have to walk real slow so I dont fall. Sometimes I wear the heels, but only when my husband's around so I can grab on to him if I'm about to fall LOL kinda looks funny that I hang on to him.

2. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    I have flat feet too :( I'd give anything to be able to just pick up a pair of shoes and wear them, but I have to analyze them first... Are they too high? Is the heel wide or is it too thin? And I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but if there is much of an arch in the shoe then I can't wear it because it litterally feels like my foot is trying to break in half. Sometimes I can use inserts to fix that, but usually not.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Even as a teenager I was never good in high heels. I have knock knees, which was the problem then. Now I have three types of arthritis, so it's a job to find any shoes that are really comfortable. When I do find some good ones, I tend to buy two or three pairs at the same time. Comfort wins over fashion every time these days.

#23Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I'm right there with you girl, I will not wear anything that hurts my feet. I have to go for comfort not for style. So if high heels is the style, the manufacturer will not make any money from me. I love me and I am going to take care of me from this day forward and hope that those other ladies will do the same. Sorry ladies, but that's the way I feel.

5. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Now I don't feel so badly. Thanks for sharing your stories. I really had a good time reading them. I assumed that I was one of the few women who had problems because with heels because everyone else makes walking in them look so effortless. I am a more comfort over style type of girl, too. However, a gorgeous pair of heels can turn my head in a second, and i'll start getting ideas. Also thanks for the warnings ladies. You are right. High-heel shoes are not worth risking our health for. Nowadays there are so many pretty flats and sassy low-heels being made.

#25Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  6. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I am awful walking in high heels, I end up walking like a man in drag!! lol It is definitely a balance issue, couple with the fact I hate the pressure it puts on the balls of my feet. I am so envious of women who can walk around like they are wearing slippers when they have heels on.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I tried to wear high heels so that I could be cute like the other girls. I could not walk in the shoes then and have not tried to walk in them since. I don't wear anything higher than 2".

8. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    The only time that I can remember wearing heels was the time when I graduated from high school :eek:

I remember walking so carefully as if I have something fragile on my head and might fall off. I was more concerned that I might stumble in front of so many people than receiving my diploma.

Like you, I have flat feet. I've tried wearing shoes with a few inches of heels but I've always felt so uncomfortable. And I'm a person who prioritizes more on comfort than style. But I do like to stare with awe at those beautiful shoes with high heels and imagine myself on those high heels and walking like a pro.

9. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that would've been highly embarrassing. For my graduation I wore a pair of nine west heels which were pretty low. I think the heel was about 3 inches and it felt a lot more supportive than other heels. I really admire the women who can pretty much cartwheel in heels as I struggle putting one foot in front of the other. :D I saw a program with Beyonce the other day and she made walking/dancing in heels look like walking on a big, puffy cloud.

10. sarahlou773

sarahlou773Member

Threads:
    OMG! I am exactly the same! I never thought it was because I had flat feet though (I definitely do!) I just thought I was clumsy :) It's nice to have something to blame but I will not give up trying as I love high heels to much! Any one any tips on improving?

11. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I am great at walking in heels. I have been wearing heels daily for years. I bought a new pair of awesome 4" black heels today at a great price. There was a pair of animal print heels I should have picked up they were on sale. Now I am sad :-(.

12. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I can't walk in stiletto heels, and sometimes I can't walk in wedges. I almost broke my leg trying walk in stiletto heels one time, I was wobbling. I don't see how some girls do it, they can walk in them like they are sneakers or something.

13. HighHeels

HighHeelsNew Member

Threads:
    I am feel good and comfortable in high heels. Only buy the heels that are completely fit in your feet.

14. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I had to wear heels for several years when I was working a professional job. I definitely got good at walking in heals.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can walk using wedges, but I have yet to train myself in walking in heels. :D I don't need the added height that heels provide, since I consider myself already tall to begin with.

16. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I feel like I came out of the womb knowing how to walk in heels! LOL. But seriously, I'm great at it because I started practicing at a young age. I think it's important for all women to have a runway walk; the kind of walk where you command attention when you walk down the street, just by the way that you are walking. And heels help with that. I found that the trick to walking in heels is all in your posture. If you concentrate on looking at your feet too much while you walk, or walk slumped over because you are afraid of falling, it throws you off even worse. Another way to perfect your walking skills in heels, is to have fun with it. From time to time, your ankle might wobble, or you might drag your foot, but your still sexy and fabulous! I can jump rope in stilettos or wedges or even run in heels if I have to. All it takes is practice and patience. :)

17. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    High heels are awesome. Not only because they help with calf toning, but they also look good. ;)

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, high heels are awesome, but it's what comes later that I would worry about if I were you. I have a cousin that has worn highheels for so long that she can not wear a regular shoe. She has to wear those highheels even indoors and around the house or you will hear her hollering about how bad her feet and legs hurt. I feel sorry for her sometimes, but anyone in there right mind would have given them a rest and wore some flats or switched shoes when she was young every once in awhile. She is now 67 yrs. old and can't wear any other kind of shoe, she has been wearing high heel shoes since the age of 15 yrs. old.

19. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually wear flat shoes but I walk on high heels occasionally. I think high heels are suitable for special occasions or particular outfits. For everyday activities I prefer flat shoes because the're more comfortable and I don't need to worry about sprained ankles.

20. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I am practice walking on high heels too. Anyway, not easy.