Are You Having Goose For Christmas?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Esperahol • Dec 22, 2015.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I am, but I'm a masocist like that... Seriously tho' I've got two geese, and four cornish hens for dinner - and that's just the protein. There are also the side dishes, the desserts, and gallons of egg nog (non-alcoholic and alcoholic). And some of you are wondering why I need that much meat - well some of the more distant relatives are coming in and... I've seen hogs eat less. So, yeah - anyone else cooking goose? If so what tips can you give me? I'm basically going to cook it like I cook my duck (score it and set in pan with rack to save it from grease) with a few hours added (because I'm stuffing them). Also I'm going to use the goose fat for potatoes - any tips about that?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As still have to sample a goose although I had already eaten Peking duck several times. I wonder what the difference is. But anyway, there was a Christmas the my husband's family had goose for their Christmas dinner. And those geese were their backyard inhabitants. They bought 20 gooselings and tended it after 4 months in time for the Christmas dinner. But some of the geese were given away as gifts to relatives.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll almost certainly NOT have goose or the usual Christmas food for Christmas. I won't be having a proper break, as I'll be working in between. So my husband and I will go out to a posh restaurant and have a nice meal. I don't know what I'll have, but I'll go with the flow on the day.